+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Centennial College January 2019

abbynam

Jul 30, 2018
No. They are not going to issue anymore offer letters if you have applied on your own.. there maybe a chance for you if you have applied through an agent...
Because agents have some quota... Now a quota of how many seats they will not declare... Also, how many seats of agent quota is atill available is also not certain... It's really a mystery...
seriously that means chances of getting in centennial is bleak now?

P23

Jul 25, 2018
I believe it's not worth paying heed to what the Bangalore office is saying. Maybe what they are saying is true, but let's wait to get rejection/acceptance notifications from the reliable and official source. There's no point in being dejected so early
I think there is some miscommunication within the b'lore office. Guess you should wait. Have you tried calling Canada admissions office?
And yes there is Quota for each agent and most of the agents quota is also full so just call the CANADA office and hope you get it soon.
There are few courses available for May intake, apply for that for when it opens.

arifaarz

Jul 31, 2018
I am Arifa Najma Nazar from India. I am a chemical engineering graduate with 83.56% from Viswesarayya technological University Karnataka. I would like to do Pg graduate certificate course in global business from centennial college. I heard that an engineering graduate is not allowed to apply for B school as visa won't be issued in that case. I do have a strong desire to join B school in centennial college. Kindly help me out with the information whether it is possible for an engineering graduate to apply for B school.
Regards
Arifa

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am Arifa Najma Nazar from India. I am a chemical engineering graduate with 83.56% from Viswesarayya technological University Karnataka. I would like to do Pg graduate certificate course in global business from centennial college. I heard that an engineering graduate is not allowed to apply for B school as visa won't be issued in that case. I do have a strong desire to join B school in centennial college. Kindly help me out with the information whether it is possible for an engineering graduate to apply for B school.
Regards
Arifa
B school is usually reserved for universities that have an actual business schools. You can apply for a business course with an engineering degree if it makes sense given your previous work and studies and your desired career trajectory. A PG Diploma will definitely not lead to the same career opportunities as an MBA or other masters course.

arifaarz

Jul 31, 2018
Tga
B school is usually reserved for universities that have an actual business schools. You can apply for a business course with an engineering degree if it makes sense given your previous work and studies and your desired career trajectory. A PG Diploma will definitely not lead to the same career opportunities as an MBA or other masters course.
Thanks for the information. Ya I do know that it is not equal to mba but is it possible to apply for graduate certificate program in global business which is available in centennial college,after chemical engineering? Is there any problem with visa if it's technical background?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Tga

Thanks for the information. Ya I do know that it is not equal to mba but is it possible to apply for graduate certificate course in global business after chemical engineering? Is there any problem with visa if it's technical background?
It has to make sense. For example if you have been moving up in your engineering company and you need more business training that makes sense. That is the case I would use for an MBA. You'll have to explain why you chose your program.

arifaarz

Jul 31, 2018
Thank y
It has to make sense. For example if you have been moving up in your engineering company and you need more business training that makes sense. That is the case I would use for an MBA. You'll have to explain why you chose your program.
Thank you so much. So it is possible to apply if we give specific reasons.? One more doubt if we take up a 2yr advanced diploma fast track course after UG I heard that there is a problem with visa approval. Is that true? It's admission requirements say college graduates thats y a doubt arises. Kindly help out.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank y
Thank you so much. So it is possible to apply if we give specific reasons.? One more doubt if we take up a 2yr advanced diploma fast track course after UG I heard that there is a problem with visa approval. Is that true? It's admission requirements say college graduates thats y a doubt arises. Kindly help out.
As long as it is a post graduate program vs out of high school. It is clear based on the prerequisites. I think the issue is how much PGWP time you get on a fast track program. Seems to vary by college and program. For all student permits your choice of program must lead to career advancement. You should explain why this area of study based on your background, how the degree will advance your career and why in Canada vs home country.

arifaarz

Jul 31, 2018
As long as it is a post graduate program vs out of high school. It is clear based on the prerequisites. I think the issue is how much PGWP time you get on a fast track program. Seems to vary by college and program. For all student permits your choice of program must lead to career advancement. You should explain why this area of study based on your background, how the degree will advance your career and why in Canada vs home country.
Thank you

Deepanshu96

Jul 20, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
04-05-2021
AOR Received.
28-06-2021
Med's Done....
27-05-2021
Hi,
Is centennial college still accepting applications for jan 2019?
it looks like you're a lil late to the party. People here are claiming that the college will not process anymore applications. So I would say no, sorry man.

Deepanshu96

Jul 20, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
04-05-2021
AOR Received.
28-06-2021
Med's Done....
27-05-2021
Hi guys
Can anyone login to their Centennial application portal (non-OUAC portal) and check what is mentioned under the "status" tab?

Thanks