+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CELPIP Writing Challenge

RyanNguyen

Aug 4, 2018
Dear friends,

I am so confused about how CELPIP examiner is scoring Writing. Even I bought their official document and practice, but their provided samples seem to be unreal.
-------------------------------------------
Dear Seller,

I am looking for a new car right now and I found your post about your car on Kijijji.

I would like to know some things about the car, because I am thinking of buying it from you.

When was the last oil change? How old is the car? Was it driven a lot?

How is the timing belt? Are the wheel bearings still good?

Was the car in an accident before?

If so, was the damage repaired correctly?

I would be willing to give you a good price on the car, I was thinking about $ 6.000. If the car is in good condition and does not have to many km on it. Unfortunately I cannot go higher than the price I have suggested.

Also, I could live with a little bit of rust on the body.

It would be very good if we could meet up so that I can have a look at the car and test drive it. We could discuss everything else than.

Sincerely

---------------------------------------------

Can you guest what band this response is? Thanks.

I took 2 times, the first one I met target of 7 without practice as it's my daily use. The second time, I used the template on internet (CLB 10) to try to improve band. Funnily, I got 6 and remained the same after reevaluation. Are they really cheater? I know we had a lot of threads regarding this money maker, but I still go with CELPIP as I know IELTS also have the same story.
Thank you.