+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Celpip vs IELTS beware

BeemerM5

Jan 6, 2019
Just a feedback on what I found. I have taken the IELTS twice in the past but both expired, but I got 8.5 or 9 in all 4 disciplines. I now took the CELPIP and while maybe the computer driven side can be easier, there is one major problem. I got 11/12 for all except the written part where they scored me an 8 !!! Now there is a fairly strong relationship between the 4 aspects with the outlier usually been the spoken word. I asked around among my fellow English speaking professional colleagues and found that they had all had a similar experience! There is a definite problem with the CELPIP written exam - it may be related to the stupid subjects presented (how can you display your in depth knowledge of English in writing an email to a Restaurant manager complaining about the service received and what reasonable recourse can you demand???).

Anyway I asked for a re-mark but they made no change. So in a nutshell, if you need the maximum points from the language test, then I would definitely strongly suggest the IELTS route.