+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CELPIP Re-evaluation - odds of success?

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
anyone ???

If for some reason I score less after re-evaluation, would I be able to use my old scores? Will the Celpip registration number change after re-evaluation?

TheMaze

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
thinkshady said:
anyone ???

If for some reason I score less after re-evaluation, would I be able to use my old scores? Will the Celpip registration number change after re-evaluation?
I have never, ever heard of this happening. I suspect they give you the higher of the two scores, not the later.

starlette

Sep 26, 2017
I took the CELPIP a few weeks ago and these were my scores:
Reading - 12
Listening - 12
Speaking - 9
Writing - 9

I decided to get my speaking and writing sections re-evaluated (you can choose the sections you want to be re-evaluated) in the hope of getting max points on EE. It is 55 CAD per section (before taxes). Twenty days later my scores, on re-evaluation, were updated to 10 for writing and 11 for speaking. This also means that I get a full refund of my reevaluation costs.
hello,may i ask if how do this re-evaluation works..is it retaking the component u need to get higher score?

kamran.shekh

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
I got my scores today: L 11, R 12, W 8(!), S 7(!)
This score is useless for me because I need 9 in each. Should I try re-evaluation? I know that I have good chances of reaching 9 in writing because I believe I wrote better than a score of 8. Not sure if it is possible to increase the speaking from 7 to 9. I am financially broke and I don't want to throw away my money until there are chances to reach a score of 9. Please suggest!

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
I took CELPIP thrice and IELTS once but never got CLB-9 in each.

My second last attempt with CELPIP was: L-9, R-11, W-8, S-8
After reevaluation for W & S: No change

My latest attempt with CELPIP is: L-10, R-11, W-8, S-8
Awaiting reevaluation!

After reading various threads on CELPIP vs IELTS, I've decided to retake IELTS now.