+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC

Nov 6, 2017
I am applying my application and hoping to get my invite in the coming draw viz next week
However my open work permit ends 22nd November 2017
If I do get an invite do I get 90 days to apply my papers or no ??

Thanks in advance

tushya

Oct 27, 2016
I am applying my application and hoping to get my invite in the coming draw viz next week
However my open work permit ends 22nd November 2017
If I do get an invite do I get 90 days to apply my papers or no ??

Thanks in advance
If you want to apply for bridging open work permit, you have to make sure you got the invitation in the next draw plus submit your application before November 22nd, so that you can use the AOR to apply for BPWP and stay in Implied Status.

If next draw happens on Wednesday, 8th November. You have 14 days to collect everything and submit your application; if next draw happens on 15th, you have 7 days to submit. You may want to start collecting your documents now so that you may have a chance to have everything ready including PCC.

Not only this, you have to submit your BOWP application before Nov 22nd as well using your after you've submitted your permanent residence application, so you are legal to stay in Canada.

So basically, you have either 1 week or 2 weeks to receive an ITA, submit both of your PR application and BOWP applications.

If you can't get everything done on time, you can leave Canada and apply PR in your home country under CEC.

Last edited: