+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - work history: just canadian or everything?

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Hi
When completing my express entry for CEC, I have to put in my work history. But its not clear if this should just be experience in Canada, or basically I just fill out my entire resume?

Anyone know whether I should be putting all my work history down, or just that which I did since coming to canada on a work permit?

thanks

zoey0801

Star Member
Jan 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
10-07-2014
Med's Request
06-08-2015
Med's Done....
03-11-2015
Passport Req..
22-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2016
LANDED..........
15-01-2016
Everything. It's the point system so the more you have the better to compete with others in the pool.

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
thanks - kind of not what I wanted to hear

its asking for letters of employment, paystubs, references etc etc.

Thats going to be close to impossible to get. Over 10 years: some jobs were freelance, others were payroll. Some were for a week, or 3 days or 4 months. Some companies dont exist anymore, some I cant contact because I sued them for non payment.
all my financial records/payslips/bank statements are in storage in Germany.

what the heck am I supposed to do for all those jobs :'(

it seems this system is setup for people who do 1 specific role, as permy staff, for many years at one place. Not reflective of the real world at all

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Oh, also I dont think I am going in the 'pool' as I have a job already, which I will continue to do if/when I get my PR

gates1580

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Not sure if Germany has something like ADP.
In US & Canada, you can download all your prior paychecks and tax statements from ADP website online. If Germany has something similar, you don't need to contact your previous employers regarding the paystubs.
To prove your work experience, you should go ahead and make chronological list of all jobs you worked in the past and determine which ones you can get employment letters / paystubs / references from.
Then start contacting them one by one. It is tedious but that's the only way to gather the docs requested.
If a company doesn't exist, then write the same in your application and put a note saying company is out of business. I am sure CIC understands that companies go out of business all the time. Let them decide whether to consider that experience or not.
On your part, provide all experience in chronological order and submit as many documents as you can.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lotusEsp said:
Hi
When completing my express entry for CEC, I have to put in my work history. But its not clear if this should just be experience in Canada, or basically I just fill out my entire resume?

Anyone know whether I should be putting all my work history down, or just that which I did since coming to canada on a work permit?

thanks
You'd need to include all work experiences

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
lotusEsp said:
Oh, also I dont think I am going in the 'pool' as I have a job already, which I will continue to do if/when I get my PR
Hi,
no my dear, you'll be in the pool swimming with the others till the CIC fish you up ;D (if enough points).
Everybody is in the pool under EE now, with or without the job.

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
nov1061 said:
Hi,
no my dear, you'll be in the pool swimming with the others till the CIC fish you up ;D (if enough points).
Everybody is in the pool under EE now, with or without the job.
I'm already out of the pool. I have a invitation to apply for PR.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
lotusEsp said:
I'm already out of the pool. I have a invitation to apply for PR.
In that case you just need the employment letter of the job you claim your skilled job experience for PR.

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
nov1061 said:
In that case you just need the employment letter of the job you claim your skilled job experience for PR.
Thanks

So I dont need to list all my previous work history OUTSIDE of Canada? Just the Canadian work which qualifies me for the CEC?

Is that right?

(Wish they would make their website clearer - or at least have someone to talk to officially about it)

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
lotusEsp said:
Thanks

So I dont need to list all my previous work history OUTSIDE of Canada? Just the Canadian work which qualifies me for the CEC?

Is that right?

(Wish they would make their website clearer - or at least have someone to talk to officially about it)
You need to submit the employment letter which you claim your experience for. Also be prepared to prove your experience you have claimed before and received any points for.