+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC vs. FSW

RAH2901

Jan 20, 2011
Hey I am an Accounting Clerk. I missed my chance to apply as a Provincial Nominee because my employer took too long to give me the necessary documents. I have two years of experience in the accounting field. I would just like to know which option is the best way to go. Can anyone help?

karla2011

Jan 20, 2011
Hi!

The Canadian Experience Class in my opinion is your best bet. It asks for fewer documents, the process is speedier and if you have the experience (like you seem you do) and can show proof (via an authorized language test) that you are fluent in English or French you should have no problem. Best of luck!

-K.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with karla. CEC is faster, no points, less documents and will even continue processing if your work permit expires and you have to leave.

However, as an accounting clerk, if that is what you have been doing for the last 2 years, you may not qualify to apply under CEC. Accounting clerk, see http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/SearchKeywordResult.aspx?val11=accounting+clerk&val12=0&val13=0&val14=&val15=0&val16=0 is a semi-skilled job, skill level C to be exact and you would need to be of skill level A, B or 0 to qualify. It is also doubtful that you would have qualified under PNP. Does your work permit actually say accounting clerk or does it say something else?

Here is how you read the skill level from the NOC code:

First digit is 0 = Skill type 0 (manager positions)

First digit not 0 but 2 digit is:
* 1 = Skill level A (usually requires university)
* 2 or 3 = Skill level B (often a skilled trade or supervisor positions)
* 4 or 5 = Skill level C (semi-skilled, requires some training)
* 6 = Skill level D (low skilled)

.. so from that, Accounting Clerk NOC=1431 would be skill level C.

RAH2901

Jan 20, 2011
My work permit does not have my job on it. It just says that I am allowed to work for any employer in Canada. Thank you for taking the time to explain about the NOC classification, so therefore I would not be able to apply under CEC or FSW. Have you got any suggestions for any other route I can take?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to get a A, B or 0 skilled job. Then you can apply under PNP or with a job offer, apply under FSW or after 2 years apply under CEC.

There are very few opportunities for low and semi skilled workers to immigrate. There are some exceptions under PNP's in BC and AB but only for a handful of occupations.

simonvee

Jul 13, 2009
Hi Leon...or anyone else who knows

You stated: CEC is faster, no points, less documents and will even continue processing if
your work permit expires and you have to leave

Don't they always process your CEC application either way, even if your work permit expires? Or do you mean... when your work permit (e.g. WHV) expires you are still allowed to remain in Canada because you have applied for P.R (CEC)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No PR application will automatically allow you to remain in Canada just because you have applied for PR except maybe inland spousal and that is only as a visitor.

If you apply under FSW as a person with job offer and you are on a work permit, your work permit must stay valid for the duration of your processing. That is, if your permit expires and you are unable to extend, your application is out the window while with CEC, your application continues even if you leave Canada.

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
I got NER yesterday from CIO and they said they were not satisfied regarding my arranged employment letter. They said it wasn't specified permanent in my letter. They are going to send my refund in 8-12weeks. Do u have any idea how long does it take for them to send back my documents? Are they going to send it back to my lawyer? Actually my lawyer told me to reapply again, get another letter from my employer with a new format. I need your advice... do i have to apply again, get another letter from my employer but i dont know when can we submit my application again coz my documents still with the CIO. Or do i have to wait till january of next year to apply for CEC. next year of February 8, i will be completing my 2 years skilled position here in canada, which i am qualified for CANADIAN EXPERIENCE CLASS. As we all know that processing time for CEC is only 11 months. What do u think? If i apply through FSW with arranged employment again, probably we can submit my papers probably june coz we still have to wait for my documents from CIO, and then i will be getting response from them probably july. Then, they will transfer my documents to buffalo. As we all know buffalo processing time is taking so long and it say's 17 months. if i go with CEC, end of january 2012 we can submit my application and wait for 11 months. I NEED YOU ADVICE... PLEASE HELP ME...

app submitted : march 25 2011
BD encashed: April 6 2011
NOC code: 6212 (FOOD SERVICE SUPERVISOR) not included in 29 eligible jobs
ARRANGED EMPLOYMENT LETTER FROM MY EMPLOYER
Currently working in canada through WORK Permit

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can try FSW again while you wait to qualify for CEC or does your employer maybe want to sponsor you under PNP? If they do, you will get your nomination in a couple of months, not sure, you would have to ask the PNP in your province. After that, you will not need an LMO to extend your work permit any more and your processing time in Buffalo is 12 months. Sounds good?

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Leon said:
You can try FSW again while you wait to qualify for CEC or does your employer maybe want to sponsor you under PNP? If they do, you will get your nomination in a couple of months, not sure, you would have to ask the PNP in your province. After that, you will not need an LMO to extend your work permit any more and your processing time in Buffalo is 12 months. Sounds good?
Thank you leon. But do u think CIO will send back my documents?

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
i heard from other applicants, i u get refused, they will just send the money back to u and not your documents? Is it true?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
They are supposed to return ORIGINAL documents. No idea how long that takes, or whether photocopies are returned.