+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC TAKING TOO LONG :( HELP!

turtleujin

Apr 21, 2011
Hi, I applied for CEC December 2009. and I got the file number in FEB 2010 and was told my file was transferred to SEATTLE office in MARCH 2010. However, I haven't heard anything from them since then :(
it's been too long and it's frustrating... I sent them email inquiries many times but no reply. On their website, the processing time for CEC shows as 11 months but my case has been longer than 11 months... do you know when they start to count 11 months from? Do they count from the time I got my file number? Even if they count from Feb 2010, it's been 13months... Does anyone know why?? I'm very frustrated...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
You have a few options.

1) Check your spam filter. Many applicants find that emails from CIC get caught there. It's very odd that you have NO response.

2) Email Seattle again - Request an update on the status of your case, indicate the date of your AOR and that you have not received any further response or information, and make sure you are communicating ALL relevant information -

seattle-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Full Name
B File Number
Date of Birth
Country of Citizenship

Date of AOR

3) Request CAIPS notes
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

4) Visit your MP (Member of Parliament) and ask them to inquire on your behalf.

turtleujin

Apr 21, 2011
Thank you for your kind reply! Yes, I emailed them so many times but I acutally got one response from them asking me to not to email them anymore. They said it will delay my process if I continue emailing them :( After that email, they don't reply me anymore although I sent an email many months later...

I'm requesting CAIPS AND FOSS. I need both since I applied for family sponsorhip as well due to CEC delay... I have a question about the form.. Do you know what to put for Requester's reference no. and ATIP file number? I have no idea. And should I request for [CAIPS and FOSS] or [Overseas visa file (CAIPS includede) and in Canada file (FOSS included)]?

and at the bottom of this form there is a check box asking if I'm a Candian Citizen..Do I have to be a Canadian Citizen in order to request this form? or can I just don't mark anything in that box??

Please help me :( I'm frustrated.. thank you!!

Pouce

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattle
NOC Code......
science
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2010
AOR Received.
03-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
03-Mar-2011
Med's Request
21-Sep-2011
Med's Done....
16-NOv-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-Aug-2012
LANDED..........
12-Aug-2012
Hi thats kind of long. i don't know i can help you, but why don't you write a letter to them.
i emailed them once but they never response. probably too many emails to deal with.
when i updated my status, i always write a letter things like new passport, changing address, new work contract.etc
i might be bothering them, but i am kind of showing off that i am doing good. so you can tell your situation and update to them by letter. if you have a good thing like job contract, salary raise, married, its good to let them know. why not. use that barcode stickers.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Well, based on your 2nd post, I'd say you've been harrassing Seattle and you need to stop! No wonder they don't answer.

You have misunderstood the "11 months" processing time. It is an AVERAGE, based on most recently available (but nonetheless old) data. Even if average processing times were still 11 months, an average means that some will be processed faster, some will be slower. It is NOT a service standard. Some people, like those with complicated security checks, will take longer...

Right now, if you can't be patient and wait, you only have 2 options - CAIPS, and your MP.

I think I posted an old link before,
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp

But it sounds like you have the right form, IMM 5563.

You need to read the form again. It does NOT ask if you are a Canadian Citizen. It asks if you are
"a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or an individual present in Canada." You are not a citizen or PR, so, are you present in Canada? If so, check the box.

If not, someone who is one of those 3 things must make the request for you, and you must complete another form (on the same website) authorizing release of your information to that individual.

For the form requesting

turtleujin

Apr 21, 2011
Thank you everyone for reply! yeah seattle office seems very busy. they never answer the phone either. I've been patiently waiting for over a year so I had to email them several times (3-4 times). I didn't think I harassed them. I have a right to know what's going on. I didn't know at the time that they are just too busy and often do not reply. It happend to a lot of people. I gave up asking them questions.

Pouce

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattle
NOC Code......
science
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2010
AOR Received.
03-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
03-Mar-2011
Med's Request
21-Sep-2011
Med's Done....
16-NOv-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-Aug-2012
LANDED..........
12-Aug-2012
Hi in your AOR, didnt say "Do not request the status of your file within ninety (90) days of the date of this letter."
I think you have to be patient. That's how higher power works.
u can't bug till May. no news is good news. I hope.

turtleujin

Apr 21, 2011
I know that. I applied in 2009 December. It's been way over than 90days. It's been over a YEAR since I got AOR. I got AOR 2010 FEB. I think I've been patient enough, don't you think? It's 2011 April now. Yeah i know, i want to believe the saying "no new is good news" :)

Pouce

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattle
NOC Code......
science
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2010
AOR Received.
03-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
03-Mar-2011
Med's Request
21-Sep-2011
Med's Done....
16-NOv-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-Aug-2012
LANDED..........
12-Aug-2012
Sorry i didn't know u been waiting for a year.
If u have something they will be suspicious about, u should straighten out.
That's only I can say. Your document is all clear u think?
Do u update your status?

turtleujin

Apr 21, 2011
yeah I did everything I could. of course updated my status too. I have nothing to be suspicious about. oh well, my file fell into the slower agent I guess. thank you for your posts and trying to help me. this forum helps me feel better :)

zwf1111

Aug 10, 2011
turtleujin said:
yeah I did everything I could. of course updated my status too. I have nothing to be suspicious about. oh well, my file fell into the slower agent I guess. thank you for your posts and trying to help me. this forum helps me feel better :)
Do you know who is your Visa officer in seattle, usually the abbreviation of VO'S name shows on the email he or she replies.

ankj

Sep 27, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would suggest you to email Buffalo office regarding this. I know they don't have your file anymore but in cases like where case is open from a long time they can be contacted as an esclation and get the things done.

Just give it a shot!!