Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
Btw, I found a NOC number, 6235 (financial services representative) more suitable for what I do. The deal here is whether employer will help :'(

Best of luck to all

jeetmks

Star Member
May 30, 2010
i got da same reply too..........i applied under 0631 and person said hez not satisfied with the reference letter..... exactly same stuff dat u got

immicec

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
jeetmks said:
i got da same reply too..........i applied under 0631 and person said hez not satisfied with the reference letter..... exactly same stuff dat u got
So bad to hear that. What are you going to do? My employer won't change my title nor issue a LMO.

aba_bab

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
immicec said:
So bad to hear that. What are you going to do? My employer won't change my title nor issue a LMO.
Try getting him to be more specific about the job duties then, and when you apply, you can write the applicable NOC code. Thats what I would think to do.. maybe Jes_ON can give an opinion on this.

The reason being, that they want to make sure that the job duties match the NOC code, and also that the pay is in line with the NOC code as well.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
The main duties are more important - ask for a detailed employment letter that explains your duties. If you have designations, certificates, training, etc required for your job, include copies.

immicec said:

immicec

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
Hi guys,

Since my employer will not issue me a LMO I just asked them to write me a detail letter with my the cities that I hold a license (they did write the licenses in the previous letter when I applied for CEC though). What I'm afraid of is that they will not change my tittle, and will stick to Customer Service Rep, they will not even change that to a Financial services rep. I asked them to specify the things I do, salary, vacation and benefits package. This will be for CEC. Do I just send the letter with my client Id and the code I received from OttPiolot immigration? Do I need to submit a new application and pay new fee?

On the other hand, my PGWP expires in June and since my employer will not provide me with a LMO I guess I have to look for another job or apply for a tourist visa because I cannot remain at my current job with a expired work visa right?

Thanks in advance

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
immicec said:
Since my employer will not issue me a LMO I just asked them to write me a detail letter with my the cities that I hold a license (they did write the licenses in the previous letter when I applied for CEC though). What I'm afraid of is that they will not change my tittle, and will stick to Customer Service Rep, they will not even change that to a Financial services rep.

Your job title is that which your employer gives you, it does not have to match the NOC. In your case, it is a problem, tho, since the job title, plus the fact that you work in a call centre, screams "customer service." It is possible that your employment will still be evaluated as Skill Level C (6551).

Still, if you want to try anyway, you are fortunate that new NOCs have been created under the 2011 NOC, and include 6235.

I asked them to specify the things I do, salary, vacation and benefits package. This will be for CEC. Do I just send the letter with my client Id and the code I received from OttPiolot immigration? Do I need to submit a new application and pay new fee?

You will have to submit a new application and pay new application fees.

However, the results will be the same unless you understand the critical part of the letter - the main duties and responsibilities. For your new application to succeed, your employer's Letter must identify your main duties and responsibilities that align with those in NOC 6235. If they look like those in 6551, then your application will be rejected again.

CIC does NOT consider the job requirements identified in the NOC. This is good for some applicants, bad for some like you. While it's important to mention the licensing, this is NOT the critical issue.

One thing you can do before you re-apply - when you get your Letter of Employment, send it to HRSDC and ask them what the NOC code is. If they give you good news, make sure you get it in writing. This is no guarantee that CIC will see it the same way, but it will help. If they give you bad news, then you can re-consider whether you want to re-apply.

On the other hand, my PGWP expires in June and since my employer will not provide me with a LMO I guess I have to look for another job or apply for a tourist visa because I cannot remain at my current job with a expired work visa right?

Correct, if you cannot get a new work permit, you cannot continue to work past the expiration of your current work permit. You could still apply tho, even if you have to return to your home country.

immicec

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
Jes_ON,
THANK YOU SO MUCH. I really appreciate your advice and of course I also appreciate everyone's advice in this forum :D