+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cec query

c_mehrok

Apr 12, 2014
Hi i am working under noc b class job so i am gonna b applying under cec class... Heard about the new express entry rule and confused bot few things..

My first question is that for people with 3 year work permit who only require 1 year work experience in their field, do they require an lmia as well or not..?

My second question is that according to cic they have mentioned that they will declare the results every year and till the next draw the applicants will remain under applied status.. So does tht mean the next draw is gonna be in next jan..??

Last question how many points does cec class requires in order to get qualified.. Coz i read tht people who need Lmia requires 800 points to qualify?

Plz if you think that i need to know more besides these questions , do mention them in your replies as well... Thank you..!!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
c_mehrok said:
My first question is that for people with 3 year work permit who only require 1 year work experience in their field, do they require an lmia as well or not..?

An LMIA is a requirement for a temporary work permit, not EE or CEC. However, under the EE system, applicants with "arranged employment" (an LMIA-confirmed offer of full-time permanent employment) will receive an extra 600 points.

My second question is that according to cic they have mentioned that they will declare the results every year and till the next draw the applicants will remain under applied status.. So does tht mean the next draw is gonna be in next jan..??

I really don't understand your question, but there will be several draws this year.

Last question how many points does cec class requires in order to get qualified.. Coz i read tht people who need Lmia requires 800 points to qualify?

There is no points requirement for CEC. Whatever you have read, you have misunderstood. For the first draw only (at the end of January) the rules for the draw to were to invite candidates with at least 886 points. The only way to get that many points would be to have arranged employment or a PNP nomination. Since the first draw took all the candidates with the highest points, it seems evident that for the next draw, the point threshold will be lower.

Plz if you think that i need to know more besides these questions , do mention them in your replies as well... Thank you..!!

Yes, you probably need to know a few more things about express entry, you can find that information here -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/express/express-entry.asp

mkocisz

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
sent to Sydney/ Requested CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Oct 2014 - date they receive my application
AOR Received.
09-Feb-2015
1) NO
2) NO, next draw will be earlier for sure.
3) There is no minimum. Just who is better and will better fill the employment shortages