+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC PR application: timeline (ITA Sep 22/2016)

Judas68fr

Sep 21, 2016
Hi folks!

Before going any further, I wanted to give a big thank to everybody here on this forum! I haven't posted much on the board, but I collected precious information for our PR application.
I just wanted to share our timeline, as a reference point for other people in the future.

Application was for me and my spouse, we've both been in Canada under a work permit for the past 4 years, and coming from France.

- Sept 10/2016 Entered Express Entry (561 pts). Qualified for FSW and CEC.
- Sept 21/2016 ITA received (CEC).
- Nov 01/2016 Application submitted. Paid for all the fees right away (followed a friend's advice, told us it would save us considerable amount of time).
- Dec 21/2016 email received, additional documents requested (had to upgrade my spouse's WES from basic to the fancy expensive package required by CIC).
- Dec 30/2016 email received from CIC, notifying that they got the documents.
- Jan 25/2017 CPCO final request received, asking for 2 additional photos, copies of passeports, a document to fill and the Xpress Post envelop.
- Jan 30/2017 Documents sent.
- Jan 31/2017 Documents received.

So now we're just waiting for our Confirmation of Permanent Residency.

Status on CIC's website still indicates that our action is required, it never got updated since they asked for additional documents. I phoned CIC earlier this month, and the clerk told me that they are not very good at keeping the information on the website up to date.

Pretty happy with the process, wasn't expecting it to be that fast!

If somebody has questions I'd be glad to help!

Alex

sterlingme12

Oct 30, 2015
I also got a CPCO final request yesterday (jan 31) and submitted passport, photos, and signed Annex A form today(feb1).
ITA and complete application submitted in October 2016 (CEC category).
congratulations bud!

Judas68fr

Sep 21, 2016
Congrats to you as well! Really impressed by the delay, it seems to get better and better! (I do have friends with the same profile as we had who had to wait a little less than 6 months for their application to go through in early 2016).

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Judas68fr said:
Congrats to you as well! Really impressed by the delay, it seems to get better and better! (I do have friends with the same profile as we had who had to wait a little less than 6 months for their application to go through in early 2016).
Dont worry Judas68fr you too will land soon. At least better than those who are still waiting for the PR for over a year.
Take care and all the best.

Judas68fr

Sep 21, 2016
Thanks!

yes, it should be any day now!

I wasn't complaining, quite the contrary! I find that CIC is becoming more and more efficient! So I guess there's hope for those who are still waiting!

ayamach

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
Hello,

I am in the same situation right now, I got invited under the CEC program, and now, waiting for COPR !
Since I submitted under CEC, I didnt have to show a proof of funds with my application

My question is:
Once you received the COPR, you had to "confirm" it by an immigration agent, right? Did he ask anything about the proof of fund?

Thank you!

ICTWP

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
19-02-2018
Passport Req..
21-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2018
Judas68fr said:
Hi folks!

Before going any further, I wanted to give a big thank to everybody here on this forum! I haven't posted much on the board, but I collected precious information for our PR application.
I just wanted to share our timeline, as a reference point for other people in the future.

Application was for me and my spouse, we've both been in Canada under a work permit for the past 4 years, and coming from France.

- Sept 10/2016 Entered Express Entry (561 pts). Qualified for FSW and CEC.
- Sept 21/2016 ITA received (CEC).
- Nov 01/2016 Application submitted. Paid for all the fees right away (followed a friend's advice, told us it would save us considerable amount of time).
- Dec 21/2016 email received, additional documents requested (had to upgrade my spouse's WES from basic to the fancy expensive package required by CIC).
- Dec 30/2016 email received from CIC, notifying that they got the documents.
- Jan 25/2017 CPCO final request received, asking for 2 additional photos, copies of passeports, a document to fill and the Xpress Post envelop.
- Jan 30/2017 Documents sent.
- Jan 31/2017 Documents received.

So now we're just waiting for our Confirmation of Permanent Residency.

Status on CIC's website still indicates that our action is required, it never got updated since they asked for additional documents. I phoned CIC earlier this month, and the clerk told me that they are not very good at keeping the information on the website up to date.

Pretty happy with the process, wasn't expecting it to be that fast!

If somebody has questions I'd be glad to help!

Alex
Heartiest congratulations for getting to this step!

I have quick question about financial document requirement , I posted my question on separate thread as well but saw your post and i thought you might be perfect person to shed some light based on your experience:

I completed 1 yr here (GTA) and planning to apply for EE- CEC route - (for Ontario Prov.), was preparing for Financial Documents but realized i do not have money sitting in my Savings account but i do have money accumulated in RPP & RRSP, so looking for your point of view on

- Can I show my RPP funds ( retirement pension plan my contribution + Employers matching contribution - locked-in) ? - Approx 10K
- Can I show my RRSP contribution as ( Locked portion with Employer + personal separate Unlocked contribution portion)? - 3K

Thanks for your help in advance!