+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC NOC 1311

Nov 23, 2015
Hello everyone!! :) :) :)

Please please help me check my duties under NOC 1311 and give me some advice. My title (accounting clerk) doesn't seem to match the code since there is no such position as bookkeeper or accounting technician in our HR system. And manager says he can add a paragraph in the reference letter explaining the title issue. Is it acceptable?

The essential requirements for this specific position are as below:
▪ Level 2 Certified General Accountant (CGA) or higher
▪ PC literacy and experience in excel and ACCPAC accounting software
▪ Experience in handling full set of books

The detailed job duties are as below:
▪ Keep financial records for 11 stores and maintain accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping system (ACCPAC).
▪ Prepare journal entries, accruals and monthly financial statements.
▪ Perform bank reconciliations monthly for 8 states totaling 36 stores.
▪ Prepare US Sales Tax returns and Quarterly State Unemployment Tax return.
▪ Prepare fixed asset schedule for new/renovation stores.
▪ Calculate and prepare payroll cheques.
▪ Process store payments and prepare cheques for various bills.
▪ Process employee expense claims (petty cash), verify expenses are within company guidelines, question abnormal expense and correct errors.
▪ Perform other accounting related duties as required.

Thank you so much in advance!!!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I'd say your duties are in line with NOC 1311. But no one here can give you any guarantees about what CIC will think...

yash.sahni

Jun 20, 2016
Hi Jes,

Since I'm unable to start a new topic and I fall under the same NOC code, could you please confirm if the following duties are acceptable for a Bookkeeper?

• Keep financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts to sub-ledger using manual spreadsheets and Accpac accounting system
• Post journal entries, reconcile and maintain general ledger accounts; prepare trial balance and monthly financial statements
• Calculate and prepare checks for payroll and for utilities, tax, insurance and miscellaneous bills; calculate and prepare accruals during month-end/year-end closing of accounts
• Complete and submit state /federal tax remittance forms; prepare provincial sales tax returns and other government reports
• Manage full cycle Accounts Payable procedures, ensure all expenses are recorded accurately and control spending in accordance with company’s accounting policies.
• Prepare periodic statistical and accounting reports and support other accounting processes

Your response and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
YS

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
yash.sahni said:
Hi Jes,

Since I'm unable to start a new topic and I fall under the same NOC code, could you please confirm if the following duties are acceptable for a Bookkeeper?

• Keep financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts to sub-ledger using manual spreadsheets and Accpac accounting system
• Post journal entries, reconcile and maintain general ledger accounts; prepare trial balance and monthly financial statements
• Calculate and prepare checks for payroll and for utilities, tax, insurance and miscellaneous bills; calculate and prepare accruals during month-end/year-end closing of accounts
• Complete and submit state /federal tax remittance forms; prepare provincial sales tax returns and other government reports
• Manage full cycle Accounts Payable procedures, ensure all expenses are recorded accurately and control spending in accordance with company’s accounting policies.
• Prepare periodic statistical and accounting reports and support other accounting processes

Your response and suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Well, yes, esp. since about half of your items are nearly identical to the NOC... Just FYI, CIC/IRCC takes a dim view of copy-and-paste job descriptions, you should make sure the the duties/responsibilities are in your own words (or really, your employer's own words) .

Simmy_Wang

Feb 19, 2019
I'd say your duties are in line with NOC 1311. But no one here can give you any guarantees about what CIC will think...
Hello Jes,

could you please take a look at my job duties and advise which category that I am falling under?
Prepared customer invoices using accounting system (Simply accounting) and reconciled customer accounts and resolved differences

Posted vendor invoices and reconcile vendor accounts.

· Prepared vendor payments and various bill payments.

· Prepared and submitted employer remittance reports for Source deductions, EHT, and WSIB

· Prepared quarterly HST reports and posts into accounting system.

· Recorded journal entries and maintained general ledger accounts and trial balance on a monthly basis.

· Calculated fixed assets and depreciation

· Estimated and maintained various monthly accruals.

· Reconciled monthly sales reports to shipping schedule.

· Reconciled monthly scrap rebates reports and issued credits to customers.

· Reconciled bank statement to accounting system on a weekly and monthly basis.

· Prepared payroll summary and processed payroll cheques.

· Performed with other accounting activities as required by CFO.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

moin_bd

Sep 27, 2019
Hi Everyone.

Thanks a lot for sharing your insights in the forum. That has been a great help for me. I need some clarification regarding my duties as to whether they match the NOC 1311 duties and responsibilities. This is what it says on the service certificate. Senior members please advise if they are aligned with NOC 1311 duties.

During his employment his main tasks and responsibilities included the following:

• Performing book-keeping service for 5 power plants of the company by maintaining their accounts and inputting data in the system

• Handling petty cash account to meet the daily expenditure need of the company

• Calculating and processing payments for various expenses such as electricity, water communication, rent etc.

• Posting journal entries and creating journal vouchers for various transactions

• Reconciliation of accounts and balancing them as required

• Maintaining general ledger of accounts

• Preparing quarterly, half-yearly and annual financial statements by generating various reports from the software

• Assisting the Financial controller in publishing annual reports by preparing necessary accounting and financial reports

• Performing other duties as required by the Financial controller

I have completed other necessary requirements for the application. Need advice on this before submitting the application.

Thanks in advance for your help.