+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC New York office request more documents, Urgent,please help

lastsamurai

Mar 13, 2011
Today ,I received an email says:
Further processing of your immigration application requires the following documents and/or information to be submitted to our office as soon as possible. We strongly encourage you to submit these documents in one package, whenever possible, to the Canadian Consulate General in New York. All documents have to be submitted by mail. We do not accept documents by email. Be sure to quote your file number on all the documents you submit to the Consulate.

You must advise this office immediately in writing of any change in your civil status or family composition (i.e. marriage, divorce, birth of new child, etc.) or mailing address.

(NOTE: Documents not in English or French must be accompanied by certified translations).

Copies of all your notices of assessment from Revenue Canada since you started working in Canada
Copes of all the paystubs you have received since you have been working in Canada
Documentary evidence that the two companies you claimed to have worked for are registered businesses in Canada;
Documentary evidence of ongoing business activities of these two companies, i..e list of companies/clients covering a period of three years, copies of business contracts with clients, copies of bank statements for past 3 years
Organizational chart for both companies

You have 30 days from the receipt of this letter to submit the documents requested. Failure to provide the documents within this time will result in a decision being made on the basis of the information already submitted, and may lead to a refusal.

This office does not acknowledge receipt of documents. If you have complied with all instructions and undertaken all steps, allow 90 days before requesting status of your application.

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

My background:
2009 july to 2009 Dec. work as a bookkeeper in Company A and 2010 Jan. to 2010 Aug. work as a bookkeeper in company B. I file my application on Aug 2010 with NOA ,T4, and employment letter for company A. only employment letter for company B(no T4, ROE,NOA at that time). I just receive T4 for company B recently,and i just filed tax return for 2010 for company B.

Problem:
My previous boss do not want to support the document for contracts with client,and bank statement,due to confidential reason.
1.Can I use other document to support my working experience?or Can I write a letter to explain the situation to CIC?
2.because i did not submit enough evidence for company B? that is why the request additional documents?

3.can i print out all bank statements for Company B and A salary deposit during my previous working period.will that help to convince CIC?

Please give me some advise,I really appreciate your help

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
The request for additional documents sounds like the concern is over your employers as much as you. Tax concerns, in particular.

How long have you been in Canada? If you have any NOA for previous years, submit all of those. Even tho you already submitted the T4, notice of assessment covering employer A, submit them again.

Submit your 2010 T4 and a copy of the first page of your tax return; in your cover letter state the date you filed your 2010 taxes, and that you will submit the NOA as soon as you receive it.

You don't state what province you are in. In Ontario, you can get proof of a business's registration online (for a fee, of course) -
http://www.ontario.ca/en/services_for_business/STEL02_039975.html

If either company publishes an annual report with a statement of accounting, submit those, pref. for the past 3 years.

You state that you can't get the rest of the documents from Company A, can you get them for B?

I'm actually quite shocked that they are asking YOU for these documents, because I would think that most companies would refuse. An alternative is to ask the company if they will submit them directly (so that they do not have to give them to you first), even if that does mean that CIC-NY receives more than one package.

This might be a case on which you want to consult an immigration lawyer.

lastsamurai

Mar 13, 2011
Dear jes_ON
Thanks for your so patient long reply.I really appreciate your help.
I have stayed in Canada Toronto for since 2004 August. Study and work.

I will try best to gather all information about my previous employers.

God bless you

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi again, wow, back to 2004... If you don't have all those notice of assessments (since 2004), you can get them here...

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/ncm-tx/ssmnt-eng.html

Good luck!

lastsamurai

Mar 13, 2011
hi thanks a million.I am calling CRA to send my NOA right now.
Do u think if I send request to NY CIC to reconsider my submitting time from 30 days to 60 days ? do u think it will works?

By email ,fax or mail to them .. How do u think?

MrB

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey I'm sorry to hear about your situation, Like Jes said, they most likely are concerned with the operations of your employer. My questions are as follows:

-What type of company do you work for? Accounting company? I know you said you carried out bookkeeping roles
-How big is the company you work for? small business? medium size?
-Is your company's info accessible on the world wide web? do you guys have a website?
-What was the traffic like at your office, was it always busy or you hardly dealt with clients directly.

lastsamurai

Mar 13, 2011
thanks a lot everyone.I was busy with my information.

Company A is a small company can not addressable on google. I work as bookkeepr and other stuff duty,like answer phone calls,something.Company B they do have webiste, which is one of rogers authorized store for wireless cable cellphone,and I can search the location ,and store picture on google,and I print out the all information.However,both companies refuse to provide confidential documents.

Thanks for your you guys help.Really appreciate that,I hope all best in your guys' life..