+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC, medical passed, additional ifo requested, Passport expiring soon

Maozefang

Jul 7, 2014
Hello everyone!

Obtaining my PR is getting more and more difficult. After passing my medicals, I was just asked to provide additional proof for my employment and common-law status, which will be easy to do. However, as it does most of the time with delays, it has started a domino effect I was initially worried about. I was expecting to receive my passport request last month which would have been just enough time for the flag pole before my passport expires at the end of October.

My embassy cannot provide me with a time-frame for the renewal. As a unit of comparison, my current passport took me one year to obtain. They require that you hand over your passport when you apply for renewal, which is the reason why I have not asked for the renewal yet.

Could anyone provide me with a plausible scenario that ends up with me living happily ever after in Canada?

Thank you.

krom2424

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Maozefang said:
Hello everyone!

Obtaining my PR is getting more and more difficult. After passing my medicals, I was just asked to provide additional proof for my employment and common-law status, which will be easy to do. However, as it does most of the time with delays, it has started a domino effect I was initially worried about. I was expecting to receive my passport request last month which would have been just enough time for the flag pole before my passport expires at the end of October.

My embassy cannot provide me with a time-frame for the renewal. As a unit of comparison, my current passport took me one year to obtain. They require that you hand over your passport when you apply for renewal, which is the reason why I have not asked for the renewal yet.

Could anyone provide me with a plausible scenario that ends up with me living happily ever after in Canada?

Thank you.
when they ask you for the additional paper? And what is your timeline? I send my additional papers before 1 month and half and since then no answer for them.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Maozefang said:
What!? You mean if you hand in your current passport to renew, they'll keep it for A YEAR before giving you a new one?? That's ridiculous!

Maozefang

Jul 7, 2014
ZingyDNA said:
What!? You mean if you hand in your current passport to renew, they'll keep it for A YEAR before giving you a new one?? That's ridiculous!
It is ridiculous I agree. I have tried twice to have it renewed the past couple of years. Each time with different processes explained to me and no timelime expectation.

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
May I know which country passport it is ?

Maozefang

Jul 7, 2014
Gurindar said:
May I know which country passport it is ?
I am from Côte d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast). OUr administration is infamous for its overall inefficiency. They told me that the embassy in Ottawa does not renew the passports, they have to be sent to the Ivory Coast and they only send passports in bulk whenever an official travels and has enough room left on the plane... hence the no limit wait period.