+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC ITA urgent info request

Nisha19

Apr 17, 2021
Hello everyone,

I received an ITA under the CEC but I would like to confirm if I qualify. I worked from 4 July 2019 to 18 March 2020, was temporarily laid-off due to COVID, then received paid working hours from 22 July to 23 August 2020 and severance as compensation. I am a cook, so working hours went up and down every week. I was then hired in December 2020 and laid off again the same month because of the lockdown. So I only worked 50 hours. Then now I’m a full time employee and working since March 5.
When I logged in my work history on EE, the system takes dates in whole months...

Anyways, I’ve calculated my working hours and weeks, 30hrs/week, and it seems I have 49 weeks under my belt, and 1480 hrs, even though I’ve worked 1560 hrs+ as per my ROEs.

So, since I’m continuously working now since March, even though my working hours were cut because of this current lockdown, will my PR application be accepted. By the time I submit my application, within the 90 days, I’d have completed the 52 weeks. I will also write a letter of explanation to the officer.
Please advise...
Thank your for your help.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello everyone,

I received an ITA under the CEC but I would like to confirm if I qualify. I worked from 4 July 2019 to 18 March 2020, was temporarily laid-off due to COVID, then received paid working hours from 22 July to 23 August 2020 and severance as compensation. I am a cook, so working hours went up and down every week. I was then hired in December 2020 and laid off again the same month because of the lockdown. So I only worked 50 hours. Then now I’m a full time employee and working since March 5.
When I logged in my work history on EE, the system takes dates in whole months...

Anyways, I’ve calculated my working hours and weeks, 30hrs/week, and it seems I have 49 weeks under my belt, and 1480 hrs, even though I’ve worked 1560 hrs+ as per my ROEs.

So, since I’m continuously working now since March, even though my working hours were cut because of this current lockdown, will my PR application be accepted. By the time I submit my application, within the 90 days, I’d have completed the 52 weeks. I will also write a letter of explanation to the officer.
Please advise...
Thank your for your help.
As long as you apply after completing the 52 weeks, and 1560 only counting max 30h/week you should be fine.

Reactions: Nisha19