+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC ITA, Closed Work Permit and Bridging Open Work Permit

Jan 27, 2023
Hi Everyone,

I am currently in Closed Work Permit and have received an ITA in the previous draw. I am yet to submit the profile, but I plan to do by end of this week. Simultaneously, my employer is asking to return to home country as my project is recently over. Would I be able to quit my job and apply for Bridging Open Work Permit once my application for PR is submitted? And what happens if I apply for the PR and travel to my home country?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I am currently in Closed Work Permit and have received an ITA in the previous draw. I am yet to submit the profile, but I plan to do by end of this week. Simultaneously, my employer is asking to return to home country as my project is recently over. Would I be able to quit my job and apply for Bridging Open Work Permit once my application for PR is submitted? And what happens if I apply for the PR and travel to my home country?
You cannot quit your job. You can apply for BOWP but if you are on a LMIA permit with your name on it and claimed 50 points for the job offer, then you can only work for that employer. You can travel to home country and apply from there. Then you wait. Employer would have given job offer that you have a job one year past PR so are they no longer going to support your PR?

Jan 27, 2023
You cannot quit your job. You can apply for BOWP but if you are on a LMIA permit with your name on it and claimed 50 points for the job offer, then you can only work for that employer. You can travel to home country and apply from there. Then you wait. Employer would have given job offer that you have a job one year past PR so are they no longer going to support your PR?
Thanks for your response. But I have not claimed 50 points based on Job Offer. I have only claimed points from my existing experience in Canada (1 year). Mine is LMIA Exempt Category.