+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC is bullsh*t....

kindbeans

May 25, 2011
I plan to do a two year post secondary program and work one year after that.

But looking at the NOC code for skilled work...

For example if I study a two year post secondary prog in Social Work or Chef

and then later plan to find a job as a Chef or Social Worker upon graduation, it's impossible. Why? Because you've to work your way up, e.g you've to be a kitchen helper or social work assistant or coordinator FIRST...so those kind of titles won't fall under the NOC of Chef or Social Worker and I won't get my PR.

How will this work :(

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With 2 year studies, you have up to a 3 year open work permit to get your one year skilled experience so you can be a helper at first but once you are promoted to a chef, you would start counting skilled experience.

sunti

Jan 31, 2012
Leon said:
With 2 year studies, you have up to a 3 year open work permit to get your one year skilled experience so you can be a helper at first but once you are promoted to a chef, you would start counting skilled experience.
With 2 year studies, you can have only 2 years open work permit. Once u finish culinary course, u have to be Kitchen helper first, it may takes 2-3 years to promote from Kitchen helper to chef. I am thinking if u have some experience in kitchen helper before study culinary course in Canada, it might help u promote to be a chef faster.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can also get a job in a fast food place. If you get promoted to shift manager, you are skilled too.

bravosix

Star Member
Aug 12, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25 2012
kindbeans said:
I plan to do a two year post secondary program and work one year after that.

But looking at the NOC code for skilled work...

For example if I study a two year post secondary prog in Social Work or Chef

and then later plan to find a job as a Chef or Social Worker upon graduation, it's impossible. Why? Because you've to work your way up, e.g you've to be a kitchen helper or social work assistant or coordinator FIRST...so those kind of titles won't fall under the NOC of Chef or Social Worker and I won't get my PR.

How will this work :(
Finish your post secondary program first.

Is not a guarantee that CEC requirements will remain the same, maybe there won't be any CEC at all, maybe your epmployer can sponsor you through PNP or even maybe you fall for a Canadian and get married.

Take it one step at a time and good luck.

cec2011

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2011
AOR Received.
February 2, 2012
Med's Request
February 7, 2012
Med's Done....
March 1, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 26, 2012
LANDED..........
May 5, 2012
I did my schooling in social work and was able to start work as a social worker straight away. If you look around you can find job descriptions which fit the NOC classifications.