+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC INLAND SHARE YOUR TIMELINE

barefoot_starz

Mar 9, 2016
fkl said:
Their is nothing concrete about this. All that is there is individual people's opinions so take your pick.

Having said that, if I have applied, I would wanna know about the progress of my file - at least once in a few months and especially when there is no movement that I know of otherwise.

With that scenario - I have seen both sides i.e. gcms notes showing a lot of progress and gcms notes showing none at all.
Thanks for this. I don't know whether I'm more scared of seeing something negative in my GCMS notes and then not being able to do anything about it, or the uncertainty of waiting. :(

boblee2000

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
1 April 2016
Med's Done....
13 April 2016
Update: Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
AOR: April 1

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed In Progress
Final decision Not Started

tatianatiana

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2016
Doc's Request.
24-08-2016
Med's Done....
20-04-2016
boblee2000 said:
Update: Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
AOR: April 1

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed In Progress
Final decision Not Started

When did review of your medical results change to "passed?

I'm just wondering since my I received my AOR on April 10th :)

boblee2000

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
1 April 2016
Med's Done....
13 April 2016
tatianatiana said:
When did review of your medical results change to "passed?

I'm just wondering since my I received my AOR on April 10th :)
April 13th, i noticed my medical results change to passed. And BGC changed to in Progress

tatianatiana

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2016
Doc's Request.
24-08-2016
Med's Done....
20-04-2016
boblee2000 said:
April 13th, i noticed my medical results change to passed. And BGC changed to in Progress
So around 2 weeks then :) this wait time is already killing me hahaha

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
tatianatiana said:
So around 2 weeks then :) this wait time is already killing me hahaha
Seriously its just 4 days after your AOR.. Patience is the key here, Be prepared mentally to wait for another 3 to 4 months so that it will take the stress off a bit.. Peace

tatianatiana

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2016
Doc's Request.
24-08-2016
Med's Done....
20-04-2016
nmeka said:
Seriously its just 4 days after your AOR.. Patience is the key here, Be prepared mentally to wait for another 3 to 4 months so that it will take the stress off a bit.. Peace
You're right :) Patience is the key for sure.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
barefoot_starz said:
Thanks for this. I don't know whether I'm more scared of seeing something negative in my GCMS notes and then not being able to do anything about it, or the uncertainty of waiting. :(
You are welcome. The rule of thumb is, get bad news faster and be over with it. The longer it takes to process, the chances of getting through go up.

In my case, I had ordered two sets of notes accidently just a week apart.

The first one was disastrous, it seemed a junior case analyst had completely missed some vital information on file and had put in notes to cut my score effectively refusing the application. But that required an officer review. So I didn't receive any thing.

I immediately sent a Case specific inquiry with the same docs that I already submitted mentioning that it appears analyst has missed this info.

In the second set of notes a week latter, with a review of case officer, it was all cleared out and accepted. Technically, I don't think my sending CSE made any difference in my case. But it certainly would have made a difference if Officer also didn't see those details himself and agreed to refuse. But then CSE might have made them take another look.

At any rate knowing your actual state of file (to the level possible) can only help.

The other aspect is that if you are inside Canada, generally you do not get any notification of completeness check i.e. R10 okay, which is equivalent to old AOR needed for getting BOWP. Although now you can apply for BOWP along with PR application, it is a big relief to know that at least your application is accepted as complete for further processing by CIC and you are good to get open work permit.

crazydesifool

Nov 14, 2014
Regina, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172/6211
App. Filed.......
26 Nov 15
Doc's Request.
21 Jan 16 - RCMP and 18 May 16 - Sch A
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
22 Dec 15
IELTS Request
included in the application - CELPIP
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
included in application
Med's Done....
8 Jan 16
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
7 Jun 16
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jun 16
LANDED..........
02 Jul 16
fkl said:
You are welcome. The rule of thumb is, get bad news faster and be over with it. The longer it takes to process, the chances of getting through go up.

In my case, I had ordered two sets of notes accidently just a week apart.

The first one was disastrous, it seemed a junior case analyst had completely missed some vital information on file and had put in notes to cut my score effectively refusing the application. But that required an officer review. So I didn't receive any thing.

I immediately sent a Case specific inquiry with the same docs that I already submitted mentioning that it appears analyst has missed this info.

In the second set of notes a week latter, with a review of case officer, it was all cleared out and accepted. Technically, I don't think my sending CSE made any difference in my case. But it certainly would have made a difference if Officer also didn't see those details himself and agreed to refuse. But then CSE might have made them take another look.

At any rate knowing your actual state of file (to the level possible) can only help.

The other aspect is that if you are inside Canada, generally you do not get any notification of completeness check i.e. R10 okay, which is equivalent to old AOR needed for getting BOWP. Although now you can apply for BOWP along with PR application, it is a big relief to know that at least your application is accepted as complete for further processing by CIC and you are good to get open work permit.
Very informative. Can I ask, I am almost at the 4th month of my application and recently I sent a CSE for my job experience; Now, do you think ordering GCMS will make any difference to my file, like in the sense... it takes a month for GCMS to come back and I will pretty much in the 5th month of my application. I am so confused, what do you suggest? I want to know what is happening with my file, at the same time, I do not if its worth it.

jimso101

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friends......

Finally the wait is over ................and we got PPR :)

Thanks for all the help and support.

Just checked my CIC portal..all status remains same as before.

But i have my vacation coming up. I am going to my home country and will be back by May 23rd.
Can i reply to the PPR mail asking for extending the time for sending the passport.

Once again Thanking u all for helping me out through my PR journey.

Regards
Jim

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
jimso101 said:
Dear Friends......

Finally the wait is over ................and we got PPR :)

Thanks for all the help and support.

Just checked my CIC portal..all status remains same as before.

But i have my vacation coming up. I am going to my home country and will be back by May 23rd.
Can i reply to the PPR mail asking for extending the time for sending the passport.

Once again Thanking u all for helping me out through my PR journey.

Regards
Jim
Congrats..

tatianatiana

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2016
Doc's Request.
24-08-2016
Med's Done....
20-04-2016
barefoot_starz said:
December thread seems to be getting a bunch of PNP-CEC Inlanders getting theirs today.
Nice. That's roughly 4-5 months of wait time then 8)

ajanarth

Sep 11, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
IELTS Request
8-04-2016
Med's Done....
8-04-2016
Passport Req..
23-11-2016
Here is my timeline.

ITA: 9th March
Submitted & AOR: 25th March
Additional Document: CELPIP results requested 7th April
Medical Passed: 8th April
BG: Changed from Not needed this time to Not started 9th April

Just a note, I yet to submit a FBI report asked for an extension through LOW. All my status change happened at 9 PM eastern time, not sure which VO office the file handled if it is Ottawa guess they work late to handle the applications thats appreciated.

Thanks,