+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Inland EE profile doubts

atulsingh2016

Aug 13, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I am an inland CEC applicant and have few questions while filling EE profile.
  • Have I applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before? (required):
Answer: Yes. I applied for study permit and work permit earlier. Correct?
  • How much money (in Canadian dollars) will I bring to Canada to support themselves and their family? (required)
Answer: CEC applicants do not need to show PoF, what should I mention here? If I mention 14000, do I need to show proof later?

• Name of school/institution (required): Uni or College
    • Answer: Should I mention university name/ College name? WES has University name

• Field of study? Science, Applied/ Science, General/ Science, Health?
    • Answer: I studied Bachelor of Science Co-operative Education Mathematics. Should I mention Science, Applied?

• Complete/Full Academic Years for Canadian degree: 4 or 2?
    • Explanation:
    • Degree awarded is Bachelors degree
    • from 2016 September to 2018 December
    • my canadian bachelors degree got half courses as credit transferred from previous bachelor’s degree. So, I only completed 50 % courses in Canadian university but awarded full degree
    • Would it be a conflict to mention 4 years, when I studied 2 years and got bachelors degree?

• Section (Intended Work In Canada) Does I have a job offer in Canada?

The offer must:
    • be for full-time and for at least one year
    • meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
    • be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.
      • Answer: Should I select Yes or No? I am working full time. Is it more of a question for LMIA purpose because I have already mentioned my details in Work History. What do you suggest?
  • Under Occupation tab:
    • Date you first became qualified to practice in this occupation

If the "primary occupation" is:
    • a qualified trade (four-digit code begins with 632, 633, 72, 73, 82, 92), this is the date they became qualified to practice on their own in Canada. (For example, when they moved from apprentice to being a licensed tradesperson.)
    • any other job, this is the date they first obtained the minimum education or training stated in the NOC description. (Note: if the NOC only states high school, this is the date they graduated.)
      • Answer: I graduated in Dec 2018, applied work permit in Feb 2019 and received on May 2019. Which date should mention here?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
1. Yes.
2. Correct, therefore no.
3. University name.
4. Math is usually general science but if you had a co-op applied should be fine.
5. I believe the correct answer here is two years.
6. No, you don't have an LMIA.
7. December 2018.

atulsingh2016

Aug 13, 2020
Hi, Thanks a lot for your reply. Highly appreciate

6. Because I don't have LMIA, so I don't need to mention anything there. That's how usually it works?
7. Why is it December 2018 and not work permit applied date. I am eligible to work full-time from the date, I applied work permit. Isn't it?

Just trying to make sure that I have solid understanding with good reasons

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
6. Yes, just answer no to that question.
7. Because if you graduated then, that's when you "obtained the minimum education or training stated in the NOC description."

Guna91119

Jul 9, 2020
For the 7th question, if we have foreign experience and used it for your PR..what should we put as our answer..?

vmalik93

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Hi Guys!

Can we edit information in our EE Profile at any time or we can't edit once it is created.

atulsingh2016

Aug 13, 2020
Hi Guys!

Can we edit information in our EE Profile at any time or we can't edit once it is created.
Before ITA, definately! You can edit as many times as you want. After ITA, you can edit only few information.

I would suggest to get all correct information before ITA!

Narayan Mani

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-11-2020
Have I applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before? (required):
Answer: Yes. I applied for study permit and work permit earlier. Correct?

Yes

How much money (in Canadian dollars) will I bring to Canada to support themselves and their family? (required)
Answer: CEC applicants do not need to show PoF, what should I mention here? If I mention 14000, do I need to show proof later?

No

Name of school/institution (required): Uni or College
Answer: Should I mention university name/ College name? WES has University name

If your highest level of education is from Canada, you don't need WES. (Provided you don't have another degree of the same level and you want to claim points for that as well). If you mention your Canadian institution, you need to provide DLI Number. That is normally enough.

Field of study? Science, Applied/ Science, General/ Science, Health?
Answer: I studied Bachelor of Science Co-operative Education Mathematics. Should I mention Science, Applied

Always choose the one that looks closest to your degree. In either case, you can mention details in an SOP while submitting documents post-ITA.

Complete/Full Academic Years for Canadian degree: 4 or 2?
Explanation:
Degree awarded is Bachelors degree
from 2016 September to 2018 December
my canadian bachelors degree got half courses as credit transferred from previous bachelor’s degree. So, I only completed 50 % courses in Canadian university but awarded full degree
Would it be a conflict to mention 4 years, when I studied 2 years and got bachelors degree?

Even if you had credit transfers, you studied here for 2 years, so it's best to mention 2 years to be safe. However, you can again elaborate everything in the SOP.

Section (Intended Work In Canada) Does I have a job offer in Canada?
The offer must:
be for full-time and for at least one year
meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.
Answer: Should I select Yes or No? I am working full time. Is it more of a question for LMIA purpose because I have already mentioned my details in Work History. What do you suggest?

If you don't have LMIA, they will never consider it as a job offer. It's best to put "no" in that case. You can, however, use your current work experience to get points.

Under Occupation tab:
Date you first became qualified to practice in this occupation
If the "primary occupation" is:
a qualified trade (four-digit code begins with 632, 633, 72, 73, 82, 92), this is the date they became qualified to practice on their own in Canada. (For example, when they moved from apprentice to being a licensed tradesperson.)
any other job, this is the date they first obtained the minimum education or training stated in the NOC description. (Note: if the NOC only states high school, this is the date they graduated.)
Answer: I graduated in Dec 2018, applied work permit in Feb 2019 and received on May 2019. Which date should mention here?

The date of graduation ceremony or the date of graduation approval if it's prior to a ceremony. There's a difference between- "date you first became qualified to practice" and "date you had the right to work in Canada."