+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - Help required FBI certificate & Employment letter

visit

Star Member
Dec 25, 2011
Hello,

We are currently collecting documents for applying PR in CEC. We need to get FBI clearance certificate since we Lived in US for almost 6 years. I am not very clear about the FBI report...the FBI web site says that I need to submit an application form along with a fingerprint card ( standard finger print card FD 258) and service fee to get the report.

1) Do we need to get one single FBI certificate?

2) Do we need to get state wise police clearance from each state ( US states) we stayed ? If so, what is the procedure to get it ( Currently , I am living in Canada (not in US)). DO I need to do fingerprinting for each state?

3) regarding the employment letter : I have recent dated employment letter from current employer ( past 2 years)...but I have only old employment letter from my previous employer . Will this enough? Or Do I need to get a recent dated employment letter from my previous employer?

I would really appreciate if someone can help me with these queries.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
visit said:
1) Do we need to get one single FBI certificate?

You need an FBI report for each person on your application who was over the age of 18 at the time you lived in the USA.

2) Do we need to get state wise police clearance from each state ( US states) we stayed ?

No.

3) regarding the employment letter : I have recent dated employment letter from current employer ( past 2 years)...but I have only old employment letter from my previous employer . Will this enough? Or Do I need to get a recent dated employment letter from my previous employer?

Your letters only need to go back 3 years. The letter should be "recent." If you can't get a new one, use the old one and write an explanation of why you can't get a recent one.

nepo

Apr 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2011
File Transfer...
20-06-2012
Passport Req..
12-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2012
LANDED..........
29-08-2012
If you can enter the US it might be easier and faster to go personaly and get the Police certificates.
If you don´t then here is what I did to get them.

Fingerprint Service

The American Citizen Services Unit can provide fingerprint services in certain circumstances. To determine if this service is available to you, please prepare a typed statement with the information listed below. Forward your statement as a PDF document to our e-mail (US Embassy email you request it to).

Your statement should include:

1) Your full name as shown on your passport or official I.D.
2) Your date and place of birth.
3) Your nationality.
4) Your visa status in the United States, if you are not a U.S. citizen.
5) Your full address, telephone number(s) with area code(s), and your email address.
6) A statement detailing your need for fingerprints, including the name of the requesting entity or agency.

Upon receipt of the PDF document, the American Citizen Services Unit will review your request. If we determine we can provide this service, we will contact you by e-mail to schedule an appointment.

Submit the following documents on your appointment date:

1) Your valid passport or other official I.D
2) The standard fingerprint card (FD-258) - you can print from the official web site.
3) Your original typed statement with the information listed in 1 – 6 (unsigned). The consular officer will ask you to sign the statement in his or her presence and administer an oath or affirmation as to the veracity of the facts contained therein. Your affidavit will be attached to the fingerprint card.

Fee

The fee associated with the oath or affirmation on your statement is $50.00.

Consular fees can be paid in cash (dollars/pesos) or credit card. Checks are not accepted overseas.

Once you have fingerprints done by them, then you have to mail it to West Virginia, FBI Headquearters along with payment form information.
It took 6 weeks for me to get the report back on the mail.

Hope it helps.

Bhanavig

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Hi,

Iam applying for Canadian PR and I need to submit the Police clearance certificate for it.
I was in the US for 2 years on H1B and moved to Canada last year.
My H1B expired but I have valid B2 visa to travel to US.
I need the PCC and state certificate as well as soon as possible.
Can you tell me the procedure how can i go personally go to US to get the certificate faster.

Thanks
Bhanavi

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Just follow the instructions and the link to the FBI site. Follow the directions on the FBI site if they are different from CIC. (CIC doesn't always update things so quickly)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

State certificates are not required (although it is true that they might be requested later - not all states upload their records to the FBI database - in any case, I would not do a State certificate unless/until it is requested).

You cannot apply for the FBI certificate in person, so there is no point to going to the USA.

Bhanavig

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Thank you SO much Jas_ON, It would be great help. but we are thinking of applying for FBI certificate in person, that were we stuck, so finally we decided we post it ASAP.
I heard through one of friends is that we normally we can get it in 4 to 6 weeks, because he got it in 4 weeks.

Also if you any one going to get fingerprints from Toronto at red seal ( especially from 777 Bay) Please note that, that guy is really does not know anything and he messed up all my application.

Thank you again.