+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - From what date is counted exactly 1 year?

fohu

Jul 28, 2016
Hi Everyone,

On 10th of Aug I will have my 1 full year NOC B experience. (40 hours a week since 10th of Aug 2020) But actually I have started to work in this job In mid July. However, because of transition from my previous work It was not full time in Jul. So I am wondering from what date should I count, Jul (begin to work) or Aug(begin to work as full time) ? Also I am wondering which date should I open my EE profile. Does it have to be exactly 1 year after or a bit earlier is acceptable? Thanks for all the answers.

Regards

Last edited:

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Were you on open wp since July? If so, try calculating your part time work hours per week since mid July 2020 until end of July this year (not exceeding 30 hours per week) and see when you’d be able to complete 1560 hours. Then create your EE profile so by the time you get an ITA, you’re 100% sure that meet CEC’s minimum 1 year work experience.

Due to how CRS calculation works - only takes into account the month and year and not the day - some applicants get away with creating an EE profile a month early, be eligible for CEC and get an ITA BEFORE they complete their full year (if their CRS is high enough). And there’s tons of questions like these here in this forum asking whether they should proceed with their application OR decline and wait for the next draw.

Reactions: fohu

fohu

Jul 28, 2016
Yes it is Open WP. I think I can calculate it. I've never worked as full time in JUL but total hours I worked in JUL was around 50 Hours. (I will check my paystubs) I guess in this case I can open my EE in Jul no need to wait Aug right? If I calculate my CRS score (assuming I've already completed 1 year) is 394 and just hoping they will make another record draw. Thanks for the answer