+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Forms with a Canadian Spouse

acbarnes

May 31, 2012
Hi everyone,

Been trying to find more info on this, and CIC's phones have been stonewalling me (too busy, won't put me on hold).

I'm applying for PR using the CEC process. I have a Canadian spouse (married). Does anyone know if I still have to provide detailed information for her, such as travel history (5562), background information (5669), and additional family information (5406)?

Also, to double check, I'm under the impression that I can still use CEC over a Common Law application, and that the CEC is more straight forward and faster (I already have all the work experience).

I guess there is one final question too. Is the Bridging Work Permit an actual permit (that I can enter and exit Canada under), or is it simply a fancy name for implied status (I can keep working as long as I don't leave Canada)?

Thanks!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
acbarnes said:
I'm applying for PR using the CEC process. I have a Canadian spouse (married). Does anyone know if I still have to provide detailed information for her, such as travel history (5562), background information (5669), and additional family information (5406)?

If she is already a canadian Citizen, she is not part of the application. You need to write a letter of explanation (I am married to... She is a Canadian citizen... Attached is a photocopy of her birth certificate/passport..."). You only need to mention her on the "Additional Family Information" form.

Also, to double check, I'm under the impression that I can still use CEC over a Common Law application, and that the CEC is more straight forward and faster (I already have all the work experience).

Not sure what a "common law" application is, assume you mean family class. Yes, CEC is more straight forward and usually faster.

I guess there is one final question too. Is the Bridging Work Permit an actual permit (that I can enter and exit Canada under), or is it simply a fancy name for implied status (I can keep working as long as I don't leave Canada)?

BOWP is an open work permit. You have to be in Canada when you apply, but after you get it you can enter/exit...

skinnybob

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Regarding BWOP, you can leave/exit as long as you are from a visa exempt country...or you will need a TRV