+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - foreign skilled work experience Question. Thank you

Averi

Aug 23, 2021
Hi,
I am about to submit my CEC, but I am still calculating my points for it. Please help me with my question. Much appreciated!!!

On the page: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp, there is a section for foreign skilled work experience. Can I know if the listed working experiences can be added up to 1 year? Thank you.
After I graduated, I had 17 months of total working experience outside of Canada, including:
1. Paid full-time Internship in NOC2161 for 3 months
2. Paid full-time Internship in NOC2161 for 5 months
3. Paid full-time job in NOC4162 for 9 months
All 3 jobs are full time and paid, and I can get the employment letter for them as well. And NOC2161 and NOC4162 are in A skill level.

Can I know whether I can get the points for having 1 year of foreign skilled work experience?

Based on the calculation in the link, it says, "It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B).". Does it mean I can only use one NOC for it?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
I am about to submit my CEC, but I am still calculating my points for it. Please help me with my question. Much appreciated!!!

On the page: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp, there is a section for foreign skilled work experience. Can I know if the listed working experiences can be added up to 1 year? Thank you.
After I graduated, I had 17 months of total working experience outside of Canada, including:
1. Paid full-time Internship in NOC2161 for 3 months
2. Paid full-time Internship in NOC2161 for 5 months
3. Paid full-time job in NOC4162 for 9 months
All 3 jobs are full time and paid, and I can get the employment letter for them as well. And NOC2161 and NOC4162 are in A skill level.

Can I know whether I can get the points for having 1 year of foreign skilled work experience?

Based on the calculation in the link, it says, "It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B).". Does it mean I can only use one NOC for it?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
You don’t have a year of foreign experience. For you to count foreign experience, you must have at least one year, continuous work experience in one NOC. You have 2 NOCs and don’t think you completed the work continuously.

Your skilled work experience must be

• in the same type of job (have the same NOC) as the job you want to use for your immigration application (called your primary occupation)
  • within the last 10 years
  • paid work (have been paid wages or earned commission—volunteer work or unpaid internships don’t count)
  • at least 1 year of continuous workor 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week)—you can meet this in a few different ways:
    • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full-time (1,560 hours)
    • equal amount in part-time work:for example 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
      • You can work as many part-time jobs as you need to meet this requirement
    • full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)

Reactions: Averi

Susan55R

Nov 7, 2022
Thank you for helping people get the information they need. Great stuff as usual. Keep up the great work!!!

Averi

Aug 23, 2021
You don’t have a year of foreign experience. For you to count foreign experience, you must have at least one year, continuous work experience in one NOC. You have 2 NOCs and don’t think you completed the work continuously.

Your skilled work experience must be

• in the same type of job (have the same NOC) as the job you want to use for your immigration application (called your primary occupation)
  • within the last 10 years
  • paid work (have been paid wages or earned commission—volunteer work or unpaid internships don’t count)
  • at least 1 year of continuous workor 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week)—you can meet this in a few different ways:
    • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full-time (1,560 hours)
    • equal amount in part-time work:for example 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
      • You can work as many part-time jobs as you need to meet this requirement
    • full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
Thank you !!!