+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC express entry post ITA

Cecapplicant001

Apr 21, 2020
Hi All,

I got ITA on September 18th 2019, but submitted my documents on 15th November 2019. Cleared medicals on 5th December 2019. Got biometrics requirement on the same day but again they dropped another email saying that it was sent in error. After that received a ghost email in between. And since then there is no update on my application at all.

I raised webform too, but got a very generic response. I am worried since my application is at 87% and 24 days for 6 months to get over.

What do you suggest I should do as a next step? Wait or take some action? Will appreciate your help.

Thanks All.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi All,

I got ITA on September 18th 2019, but submitted my documents on 15th November 2019. Cleared medicals on 5th December 2019. Got biometrics requirement on the same day but again they dropped another email saying that it was sent in error. After that received a ghost email in between. And since then there is no update on my application at all.

I raised webform too, but got a very generic response. I am worried since my application is at 87% and 24 days for 6 months to get over.

What do you suggest I should do as a next step? Wait or take some action? Will appreciate your help.

Thanks All.
WAIT, many applications take longer than 6 months to be processed.

It wouldn't be uncommon if you had to wait for 9-10 months or even over a year.

Be patient.

Reactions: Cecapplicant001

Cecapplicant001

Apr 21, 2020
WAIT, many applications take longer than 6 months to be processed.

It wouldn't be uncommon if you had to wait for 9-10 months or even over a year.

Be patient.
I raised webform, this is the response I got.
Your application was received via your account on November 15, 2019.

· The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,

o You may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.

The security background verification has not been initiated.
The criminal background verification is currently valid.
· Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre (CPC-O) in Ottawa, Ontario.

My worry is it's close to 6 months, still my eligibility has not been reviewed. I am worried now. Should I order gcms notes?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I raised webform, this is the response I got.
Your application was received via your account on November 15, 2019.

· The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,

o You may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.

The security background verification has not been initiated.
The criminal background verification is currently valid.
· Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre (CPC-O) in Ottawa, Ontario.

My worry is it's close to 6 months, still my eligibility has not been reviewed. I am worried now. Should I order gcms notes?
There is no need to worry, you just need to wait and take action when asked, if not there is no need to do anything.

Just wait, they'll eventually get to it, there is nothing you can do anyways.

As I've said before, it is not uncommon for EE applications to go beyond 6 months (even over 1 year).

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Need to follow up as this delay beyond normal as the applications for people around me have taken 2-3 months and some even less. I just recently noted due to Covid it took 4 months but for CEC it’s very less time

Cecapplicant001

Apr 21, 2020
Need to follow up as this delay beyond normal as the applications for people around me have taken 2-3 months and some even less. I just recently noted due to Covid it took 4 months but for CEC it’s very less time
What do you suggest as a next step? I recently found someone else sailing on the same boat. Same timeline and same update. I raised 2 webforms already and this was the last uodate I got today.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Some applications take 40 days, or even less. Some applications take over a year, there is no way to know.

Many factors play a role, even luck.

There is nothing you can do but wait, that's it. It doesn't matter if people who applied at around the same time as you have gotten their applications approved, each one is different.

CEC applications can take anywhere between days and over a year (even over 2 years in cases)... All you can do is wait and stop whining, because there is nothing you can do besides waiting and taking action whenever you're required to do so.

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
What do you suggest as a next step? I recently found someone else sailing on the same boat. Same timeline and same update. I raised 2 webforms already and this was the last uodate I got today.
Unfortunately helplines are closed so Cannot catch them and immigration consultants don’t have any clues about this and they will advise to wait. But more than one year for CEC is delay beyond normal I would say, irrespective of what other says over the forum.