+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC experience and Job offer code-Doubt

Mohammad Syed

Mar 29, 2023
Hello All,

I have completed my CEC experience on NOC Code -21221 last month, and recently received a job offer with different NOC code. Should the job offer be from the same NOC code as my experience to claim 50 job offer points ?

Thanks
Syed

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello All,

I have completed my CEC experience on NOC Code -21221 last month, and recently received a job offer with different NOC code. Should the job offer be from the same NOC code as my experience to claim 50 job offer points ?

Thanks
Syed
How are you claiming 50 points? To claim the points you need an approved LMIA. It doesn’t need to be from the same NOC code.

Mohammad Syed

Mar 29, 2023
The job offer is been offered is with the current company only but in different team that is why my NOC code may change.
I am on a closed work permit (ICT) and my current employer name is written on my work permit too..

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The job offer is been offered is with the current company only but in different team that is why my NOC code may change.
I am on a closed work permit (ICT) and my current employer name is written on my work permit too..
So if your NOC is changing then that has an impact on your current LMIA exemption because that is for a different NOC.