+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Eligibility

gatsby247

Nov 6, 2013
I am in the same category, I applied for my post graduate work permit, but started working two months before it came, and i worked for 11 months,am i eligible to apply under CEC, i am also considering applying through Ontario provincial nominee program because i feel i am not eligible for CEC, but getting an employer to do the nominee program has been frustrating,also looking for an employer to sponsor LMO has not been productive,any suggestions because i am frustrated.

squishyface

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
Med's Request
26-11-2013
Med's Done....
23-12-2013 med's received 20-01-2014
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24-01-14
gatsby247 said:
I am in the same category, I applied for my post graduate work permit, but started working two months before it came, and i worked for 11 months,am i eligible to apply under CEC, i am also considering applying through Ontario provincial nominee program because i feel i am not eligible for CEC, but getting an employer to do the nominee program has been frustrating,also looking for an employer to sponsor LMO has not been productive,any suggestions because i am frustrated.
You need at least 12 months to be eligible for CEC stream. Make sure you visit CIC website and study it first. Also, your work experience has to fall under noc o, a, or b to meet the eligibility for cec.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Count your experience from the date of your PGWP, to avoid unnecessary "review" (read "potential refusal") later.

Just to be safe.

Also when is your work permit expiring? What is your occupation? When did you start your job?

gatsby247

Nov 6, 2013
squishyface said:
You need at least 12 months to be eligible for CEC stream. Make sure you visit CIC website and study it first. Also, your work experience has to fall under noc o, a, or b to meet the eligibility for cec.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My work experience falls under the right NOC, But my work experience where contract jobs, in between jobs i lost about a month and couple of days, before my one yr post grad work permit expired.

gatsby247

Nov 6, 2013
iamroth said:
Count your experience from the date of your PGWP, to avoid unnecessary "review" (read "potential refusal") later.

Just to be safe.

Also when is your work permit expiring? What is your occupation? When did you start your job?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If i could the months of work during PWP, its approximately 10 months, I work permit expired aug 3 2012,but i went back to school to remain in status,My occupation is IT technical support. My job startd in June 2011, but my PGWP came Aug 2, 2011. I am currently a student and my study permit will expire in Feb.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
gatsby247 said:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My job startd in June 2011, but my PGWP came Aug 2, 2011.
Did you graduate before you started working? If yes, then those 2 months should count.

gatsby247

Nov 6, 2013
Yes i did graduate, before i started working, but i applied for PGWP permit before i got the job, Just that the work permit didnt come on time, so basically, i worked 2 months after graduation without a work permit.