+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC eligibility\admissibility question

illimopets

Jul 1, 2013
OK I do understand that it is very serious and I will definitely go see a lawyer.
However some questions remain:

Does it mean I am doomed and will never get PR in my life?
Is there anything I can do to remedy this situation? I mean people with criminal record can, why can't somebody who screwed up with his WP?
Why did I not get deported then if it was illegal? When I was applying for my OCWP I did state that I worked that month and I still got it! They saw that month on my application and nevertheless I am still in Canada on PGWP.

So what's really going on when they issue permit? Do they only check your background when you apply for PR?

rshellym

Jun 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
Doc's Request.
20-06-2013
AOR Received.
13-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
illimopets said:
BTW I have just checked my T4s and NOA for that period, they don't mention the DATES of employment, only income, taxes, CPP etc.

There is no way my 1 month of illegal work can be deducted from T4 and NOA

What I'd like to hear is if there is actually a way for CIC to find out that info if you don't submit your paystubs... That work was not included in 12 months of CEC, I am not including those paystubs, even if they ask for T4s and NOA there are no dates...

I am not trying to lie and stuff but it would be stupid not to apply just because I screwed up once, I didn't even know I was not supposed to work on my still valid WP so I cannot say I regret doing that, I just didn't know and fell victim to my lack of info... S*** happens, what is important now is what to do next?

Seniors plz help! Should I go ahead and apply hoping they do not notice that 1 month I worked long time ago? Or should I just give up now?
HANG ON A BIT......Is it possible for you to ask your employer (your first employer)to ''tweak'' your reference letter a bit? Can you ask them not to include the time of employment in the letter? I know it is not a good thing, but You still have to get a reference letter from this first employer when you apply rp under cec.

illimopets

Jul 1, 2013
I don't even know if they'll remember me. Chances are all of my management there is gone and the new ones came. I mean it was a very long time ago and that job was before I went to school so it was just a simple grocery store job nothing special. I didn't even know I had to obtain all the references, but I can probably do that, they won't remember me anyways...

rshellym

Jun 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
Doc's Request.
20-06-2013
AOR Received.
13-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
illimopets said:
I don't even know if they'll remember me. Chances are all of my management there is gone and the new ones came. I mean it was a very long time ago and that job was before I went to school so it was just a simple grocery store job nothing special. I didn't even know I had to obtain all the references, but I can probably do that, they won't remember me anyways...
OR.....can you wait for this three year period to expire? If this employment was like let's say.....2010, can you wait to apply pr under CEC until next year so that you don't even have to declair this employment? When did you actually work for them?

illimopets

Jul 1, 2013
rshellym said:
OR.....can you wait for this three year period expires? If this employment was like let't say.....2010, can you wait to apply pr under CEC until next year so that you don't even have to declair this employment? When did you actually work for them?
I can, but will that really help? I mean if they check they check... I am not looking for ways to cheat, I am just trying to find out if there is anybody who knows how they check it? I just wanna save myself time and money and if that is a rejection for sure I should be packing my luggage to go home after such a long struggle for PR that apparently I lost due to a little mistake in the very beginning...

I was hoping that somebody says that they don't really check that far and if I got my OCWP and PGWP that means I am safe but apparently I am delusional and hopeless...

Can anybody else express their opinion on what my options are? I have already understood I screwed up I don't need to hear that what I'd like to hear is how they can catch me for that month if I haven't got caught still. And what can I do to remedy the situation?

I really hope somebody can explain to me how they review your application and if there is really a way for them to catch me for that stupid illegal month that I was so stupid not to know was illegal...

lucky_CA

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
Doc's Request.
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
IELTS Request
Send with application
File Transfer...
09-07-2013
Med's Request
29-01-2014
Med's Done....
12-2-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-02-2014 (Ottawa) , 07-03-2014 (local visa office)
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2014
Don't panic..just talk to an experience immigration lawyer. Lawyers have dealt with even more difficult cases than yours. There must be a solution. If you are truthful in your current application and explain your mistake in a covering letter before CIC discover it , then it should be fine. If CIC discovered your unauthorized work during your stay in Canada with study permit , they could have revoked your study permit as you have broken the condition of your study permit , However, since your study permit is already expired, there is very little chance actually, they can do anything about it.

However, there must be a formal way to write such covering letters and a lawyer can do that better.

If you are in Toronto area, you can consider Nancy Elliot,
http://www.canadaimmigrationlawyers.ca/about-us/

I talked to her regarding my immigration matters before, and she looked very knowledgeable and experienced.

So , far I know she also provides 30 min free consultation for in person consultation only. You can check out.

isabox

Star Member
Mar 3, 2013
rshellym said:
As soon as you get your study p, your wp is no longer valid. I know it is kinda tricky, but it is true. It doesn't matter whether nor not you have your SIN etc... I can't tell if VO will find out you worked on your study p. However, you should not include the experience you got while you were a student.
That sounds very tricky. Could you please provide a link, or something: that says a study permit makes your work permit invalid.

I spoke to my college international office. According to them, study permit is for study . Work permit is for work. If you have both at the same time. Then you are allowed to continue both at the same time.