+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC & BOWP - Stuck on IMM5710E and the online application. - Please help!

pete6256

Jan 27, 2011
Greetings everyone,

I recently applied for CEC and have received my AOR, so I'm now going to apply for a BOWP. However I got stuck at a number of points and am in need of assistance.

Q1: In the form IMM5710E, Q3 asks: 'I am applying for the following: 1. A Work Permit with the same employer 2. A Work Permit with a new employer 3. Restoration of temporary resident status as a worker 4. Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit.
I have no idea which box to check for this, can anyone help?

Q2: In IMM5710E, in the 'EMPLOYMENT' section it asks for 'Give details of your employment for the last 10 years...'. I required more than the three boxes it gives you so I wrote out a continuation sheet. However when I logged into MYCIC to do the online application, it doesn't give you the option to just attach miscellaneous documentation. So I'm not sure what to do?

Q3: In order to be eligible for the BOWP it says you have to be in Canada, have a work permit expiring in 4 months and have received an AOR. Although in the online application it just asks for 'Passport or Travel Document' and 'Digital Photo', it doesn't require you to send in a copy of your AOR or my most recent work permit. This struck me as odd so I added a 'Letter of Explanation' and just inserted a copy of my AOR and current Work Permit into that. Does that sound sensible?

Thank you so much in advance for all your help!

Kind Regards,

Pete

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Q1. I chose #4 since none of the others applied. It worked for me. This form has not yet been modified for BOWP so none of the options really apply I guess. Choose 1 or 2 depending on your employment status. Doesn't really matter, the CO will look at the type of work permit you requested, make sure that is OWP.

Q2. Append the extra sheet to your Letter of Explanation. (continued employment history...)

Q3. Technically CIC has access to your immigration status, including AOR. It is however recommended to include AOR with the application just in case the CO is not familiar with this new work permit. You did the right thing.

happyskier

Apr 8, 2013
I got my AOR yesterday and now applying for the BOWP. I have exactly the same questions. I see you posted this 3/4 weeks ago. Do you have any updated information/advice regards filling in the IMM5710?