+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC/BOWP/IEC visa inquiry

madeye

Oct 24, 2016
Hi,

I am currently on an IEC visa that is due to expire towards the end of the year.

My plan is to apply for CEC as I meet the requirements for that. Unfortunately I am only scoring 360 points in CRS score (unlikely to be improved). I am fully aware it is unlikely the points will drop that low meaning that I will be in the express entry pool waiting for ITA for the full year.

If I get a BOWP would that cover the entire year it takes to find out if the points will drop?

If I was to continue to meet the requirements of CEC and apply again for it towards the end of the 1st year in the pool, and again end up in the express entry pool for a second time would I be able to get another BOWP and in theory have another year in Canada while waiting in the pool with 360 points?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

adaytoremember

Sep 18, 2014
You can only apply for BOWP if you have already applied for PR, you can't get a BOWP whilst waiting for an ITA, it doesn't work like that, sorry.

madeye

Oct 24, 2016
I was under the impression that once you had your Acceptance Of Receipt then you could apply for a BOWP

adaytoremember

Sep 18, 2014
Again, correct, but you said you only have 360 points. Entering the pool is not the same as applying for CEC. You need to :

1. Enter the pool
2. Receive an ITA
3. Submit an application ("apply for CEC")
4. Get an AOR
5. Apply for BOWP

If you only have 360 points, you will only get as far as step 1. It seems you are confusing "entering the pool" with "applying for CEC".