+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC August 2018 Applicants

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Has anybody ordered GCMS notes and received them? I got them today and have no idea how to understand what is written there :s

movais

Sep 10, 2018
You can order gcms note now to see whether the staff have concern about your working experience. I ordered one two days ago. If they have any concern, you can raise a cse to add some proof, like reference letter from your colleagues
Did you get your GCMS note? I got mine today and need help in understanding it

ktmerritt

Jan 10, 2018
Hi everyone, just want to know - before you get PPR do you get a second ghost update? I've had one ghost update, but nothing has changed in the account for about a month now. I've read that some people get a second ghost update. Does anyone know?

sageorge

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Hi everyone, just want to know - before you get PPR do you get a second ghost update? I've had one ghost update, but nothing has changed in the account for about a month now. I've read that some people get a second ghost update. Does anyone know?
Hey, I think that is the theory. However, i have seen people get the PR without a second ghost update. It is just a theory, so don't get your hopes high or low. I too have received only one ghost update. No PR yet.

Reactions: ktmerritt

paps_2018

Nov 16, 2018
My understanding is that a ghost update means that someone at CIC has opened your file for review. It doesn't necessarily mean they have moved to the next stage of processing, but it is usually a good sign.

I put my case into MyImmiTracker (My AOR is August 28th) and it says that we should be receiving PPR early December. Hopefully in time for Christmas!
Can you please help me to understand when can i expect my PPR.
AOR: 11 Sep 2018
Medical Passed: 5th Oct 2018

Currently in IP2 stage. No ghost update ever received. I have applied under CEC from canada but my spouse and child in currently in India. I am also of Indian Nationality. Will all 3 of us get the PPR request on the same day and by when can i expect my PPR. I am really worried as I have planned to get my spouse and child landed to Canada by end of December.

sageorge

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Can you please help me to understand when can i expect my PPR.
AOR: 11 Sep 2018
Medical Passed: 5th Oct 2018

Currently in IP2 stage. No ghost update ever received. I have applied under CEC from canada but my spouse and child in currently in India. I am also of Indian Nationality. Will all 3 of us get the PPR request on the same day and by when can i expect my PPR. I am really worried as I have planned to get my spouse and child landed to Canada by end of December.
From the immitracker website:In the best case you will receive your PPR on the 20 October 2018 in the worst case it will be the 26 August 2019. On average you should expect a PPR by the 24 December 2018.

Yes, you will all receive PPR request the same day since you are applying as the primary applicant and they are your dependents. Do not worry, it will come in time. Have faith.

paps_2018

Nov 16, 2018
From the immitracker website:In the best case you will receive your PPR on the 20 October 2018 in the worst case it will be the 26 August 2019. On average you should expect a PPR by the 24 December 2018.

Yes, you will all receive PPR request the same day since you are applying as the primary applicant and they are your dependents. Do not worry, it will come in time. Have faith.
Thanks for the help! I am afraid as eve of Christmas is near and that should not delay by application processing since many officials might be on leave during Christmas. Is Ghost update mandatory for all who get PPR. Since i never received one.

Last edited:

sageorge

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
T

Thanks for the help! I am afraid as eve of Christmas is near and that should not delay by application processing since many officials might be on leave during Christmas. Is Ghost update mandatory for all who get PPR. Since i never received one.
It is not mandatory. Ghost update followed by PPR is just a theory. I know it is hard and your thinking makes sense. It may or may not work out in the time lines you want. But trust that whatever happens is for your own good and have faith.

As far as CIC is concerned they have 6 months to get back to us with an update on the status. So, keep all options open and don't stress.

paps_2018

Nov 16, 2018
It is not mandatory. Ghost update followed by PPR is just a theory. I know it is hard and your thinking makes sense. It may or may not work out in the time lines you want. But trust that whatever happens is for your own good and have faith.

As far as CIC is concerned they have 6 months to get back to us with an update on the status. So, keep all options open and don't stress.
Thanks sageorge!