+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC April 2016 Applicant

aidenZhou

Mar 15, 2016
Hi, I submitted my PR application under CEC on April 06, 2016. The status of my application changed to "in progress" since July.( I don't know the precise time when the status change. I know the whole process will take 6 months, so I didn't check very often for the first 3 months.)

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed In Progress
Final decision Not Started

It has been almost 6 months, the status has never been changed since July. I even called my HR department to see if CIC has contacted them for background check. My HR said no one has ever contacted. The above status is what I see in my CIC account. But if I try to check my application status through "Check Application Status" on this page cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp?s=1 (ECAS ACCESS). No application was found based on my application ID. I am wondering if my application has started to process.

Anyone is welcome to share your comments and anyone submitted applications in before this April is welcome to share your applciation status in this post.

Thank you.

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
aidenZhou said:
Hi, I submitted my PR application under CEC on April 06, 2016. The status of my application changed to "in progress" since July.( I don't know the precise time when the status change. I know the whole process will take 6 months, so I didn't check very often for the first 3 months.)

It has been almost 6 months, the status has never been changed since July. I even called my HR department to see if CIC has contacted them for background check. My HR said no one has ever contacted. The above status is what I see in my CIC account. But if I try to check my application status through "Check Application Status" on this page cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp?s=1 (ECAS ACCESS). No application was found based on my application ID. I am wondering if my application has started to process.

Anyone is welcome to share your comments and anyone submitted applications in before this April is welcome to share your applciation status in this post.

Thank you.

Why don't you try reaching out to CIC over phone and see if an agent can provide you with an update. Since you are already over the application processing time window, they should be able to give an update. Although, knowing CIC, it will probably be a very vague update. But worth a try.

aidenZhou

Mar 15, 2016
pkssandhu said:
Why don't you try reaching out to CIC over phone and see if an agent can provide you with an update. Since you are already over the application processing time window, they should be able to give an update. Although, knowing CIC, it will probably be a very vague update. But worth a try.
My applciation is over processing time window? I thought It will be full 6 months till Oct 6th.

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
aidenZhou said:
My applciation is over processing time window? I thought It will be full 6 months till Oct 6th.
My mistake. I miscalculated. However, there is no harm in calling them and getting an update. However, if you like, you can wait till Oct 6 and then call them.

aidenZhou

Mar 15, 2016
pkssandhu said:
My mistake. I miscalculated. However, there is no harm in calling them and getting an update. However, if you like, you can wait till Oct 6 and then call them.
OK, i'll try. Because on the CIC web site, they said no replies for inquiries regarding application within regular processing time. I guess I am being too honest...
Thank you.

Edmo guy Naveed

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
aidenZhou said:

i think you will get letter in next two weeks because i apply in march 3rd 2016 and they send me letter two weeks ago for send the passports.

Thank you.

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
aidenZhou said:
OK, i'll try. Because on the CIC web site, they said no replies for inquiries regarding application within regular processing time. I guess I am being too honest...
Thank you.
Did you get the request to send passport yet?