+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Application returned! Hope you can help

anananh

Nov 8, 2013
Hi all,

I sent my CEC application in September 2013 and recently it was returned back to me. CIC highlighted some fields in my application but I don't get what were the problems. I hope you can give me some hints.
At the time I submitted the application, I was in Canada 1.5 years as a postdoctoral fellow with a work permit. I'm filing the application for me and my wife who came with me from the beginning and also working as a postdoc.

CIC highlighted these places in my application
1. Cheque --> CIC can not accept personal cheque unless it is certified by a bank (I didn't know this, I included a cheque like I usually pay my rent)
2. In my generic application form, CIC highlighted the section for my wife and the answer "Yes" for question 11 "Will accompany principal applicant to Canada?" --> I don't get this. My wife is with me know. Should I answer "No" and say the reason is that she's already been here?
3. In my schedule 8 form, I checked the option that I has worked in Canada for 1 year or more. CIC highlighted these pointed. I believe this is a mistake, because postdoc fellow is considered as worker.
4. Also in schedule 8 form, the Language section, I chose English and provided the envelope containing my CELPIP test result. CIC highlighted these points too (?). Again, I believe there must be a mistake here. In the section "Your Work Experience in Canada", I checked the answer "No" for the question "Were you a full-time student during any of above listed periods?", CIC highlighted this too. I thought they consider postdoc as student (!?)
5. The translations of the birth certificate of my wife and me, and our marriage certificate are highlighted. They were translated by certified offices in our country. I don't know if CIC accept them or I have to have them translated here?
6. My CELPIP test result was opened, should I ask for a new envelope or just resubmit it?

I called to CIC call center and got no answer. The lady said they are not trained to answer to questions related to CEC program (?), what I should do is to follow the checklist and guide.

I would like to resubmit my application asap form but these problems are not clear to me. Hope you can help. Thanks a lot.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anananh said:
Hi all,

I sent my CEC application in September 2013 and recently it was returned back to me. CIC highlighted some fields in my application but I don't get what were the problems. I hope you can give me some hints.
At the time I submitted the application, I was in Canada 1.5 years as a postdoctoral fellow with a work permit. I'm filing the application for me and my wife who came with me from the beginning and also working as a postdoc.

1. Cheque --> CIC can not accept personal cheque unless it is certified by a bank (I didn't know this, I included a cheque like I usually pay my rent)
2. In my generic application form, CIC highlighted the section for my wife and the answer "Yes" for question 11 "Will accompany principal applicant to Canada?" --> I don't get this. My wife is with me know. Should I answer "No" and say the reason is that she's already been here?
3. In my schedule 8 form, I checked the option that I has worked in Canada for 1 year or more. CIC highlighted these pointed. I believe this is a mistake, because postdoc fellow is considered as worker.
4. Also in schedule 8 form, the Language section, I chose English and provided the envelope containing my CELPIP test result. CIC highlighted these points too (?). Again, I believe there must be a mistake here. In the section "Your Work Experience in Canada", I checked the answer "No" for the question "Were you a full-time student during any of above listed periods?", CIC highlighted this too. I thought they consider postdoc as student (!?)
5. The translations of the birth certificate of my wife and me, and our marriage certificate are highlighted. They were translated by certified offices in our country. I don't know if CIC accept them or I have to have them translated here?
6. My CELPIP test result was opened, should I ask for a new envelope or just resubmit it?

I called to CIC call center and got no answer. The lady said they are not trained to answer to questions related to CEC program (?), what I should do is to follow the checklist and guide.

I would like to resubmit my application asap form but these problems are not clear to me. Hope you can help. Thanks a lot.
Your mistakes seems to be very basic (judging by the cheque payment you have enclosed) and could be avoided if you read through the CEC instructions carefully. Also, nobody can (or should) review the complete application for you through this forum.
I suggest you go back and check your application against the requirements, as well check that you have submitted all supporting documents that you should have been submitting, specifically, refer to this checklist: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5610E.pdf

Feiniao

Star Member
Nov 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-23-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2014
Med's Request
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
28-07-2014
anananh said:
Hi all,

Post up tthe above question 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. Please help us.

Omshri

Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
AOR Received.
November 14, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
April 6, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront, March 29, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 28, 2014
LANDED..........
August 3, 2014
anananh, on what date your application was reached to CIO office?

mawin

Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
when did you get application return?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Highlighting sections of your application does not necessarily mean they have issues with it. That could be them doing checks and marking things.

There should have been a separate form/letter that specifically lists the issues with the application and you have to include this letter with the application when you mail it. Does this form/letter list all those questions you are talking about?

watchpu5hp

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th Dec 2012
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
28th Jan 2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
24th Sep 2013
Med's Done....
1st Oct 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21st Oct 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7th nov 2013
LANDED..........
10th Nov 2013
Your application is probably returned just because you have not sent the certified check.
This is stupid mistake which may cost you since the new CEC rules are now in effect(if you are affected by those rules) that is why one read the instruction carefully before sending the application.

Please go to bank where you have your account and tell them to prepare a certified check for you. They will charge small fee. It is like Demand Draft in India.
anananh said:
Hi all,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
watchpu5hp said:
Your application is probably returned just because you have not sent the certified check.
I agree. This is why your application was returned.

What's your NOC?

Feiniao

Star Member
Nov 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-23-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2014
Med's Request
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
28-07-2014

Please give your idea or experience about the #6 question. Thanks.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Feiniao said:

Please give your idea or experience about the #6 question. Thanks.
They dont ask you to submit it in enevelope..You can even submit the xerox, you dont need to submit original unless they ask for it.

sasdp

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
anananh said:
Hi all,

Hello,
In your case,question 2 I think answer "YES" is correct because then only it means she is going to accompany you with your application for PR...

Blacksning

Apr 19, 2012
They do require orignial as stated in checklist IMM5610.

gladaki said:
They dont ask you to submit it in enevelope..You can even submit the xerox, you dont need to submit original unless they ask for it.

anananh

Nov 8, 2013
Hi all,

I submitted in mid Sept. and it was returned on Nov. 7. The NOC is 4011.

I can resubmit my CELPIP without the envelope if my application was returned by CIC, I have to include the letter CIC sent me in the returned package.

I might get an issue with my T4A slips. Probably the officer didn't recognize I am a postdoc. I read somewhere in this forum that I may need to ask my supervisor to write me a letter explaining my job and duties.

Then, the translations, the affidavits were not the same as CIC requires (!?). Also, I got the translation of my certified copy of my birth certificate (I lost the original), but this shouldn't be a problem I guess.

The payment is really a basic mistake ;D.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
anananh said:

Payment instructions are in the instruction guide-http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5609ETOC.asp

2. In my generic application form, CIC highlighted the section for my wife and the answer "Yes" for question 11 "Will accompany principal applicant to Canada?" --> I don't get this.

Did you include all the required forms and document for your wife?

1) What NOC did you select?
2) Did you include all the required documents as proof of employment (See section 10):
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5610E.pdf

Directions for how to submit translated documents are in the Instruction guide.

"Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by:
- the English or French translation; and
- an affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and
- a certified copy of the original document."

Just re-submit

Good advice!

amfi100

Dec 3, 2013
Need help

Hi I am a postdoc in chemical and materials engineering department at university of Alberta and want to apply for PR under CEC program... Before applying I have few concerns and hence I need assistance from anyone on this forum ...
1- What NOC code should I use?
2- It would be great if someone share a sample of experience letter ............ I am not familiar what do I need to write in letter.
3- I have two IELTS scores; in one score I got (L:6.5, W:7, S:7, R:5.5) and in another test I got (L:5.5, W:7, S:7, R:6.0) ...... Should I appear for the test again or send both IELTS results ........ any suggestion?

I would appreciate if someone helped me out regarding these aforementioned issues...
regards