+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC application form

Sita

Jul 25, 2011
Hello, i'm NEW to this forum...

I'm filling out the application form right now. Do you guys think if i should put my e-mail address on the application form to communicate with the CIC officers ????.. Will it be faster than the regular mail ??? And will it be more safer???

Also, on the application form Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008), on the question Number (4) Immigration Office requested for the processing of your application , what information should i put ???

I'm sending my package to buffalo...

thanks

pdornala

Jul 13, 2011
Sita ,

Yes , you need to provide the Email address for the immigration as they do email some times if they transfer your application to near by office ( Like AOR , or request for any other details ) AND It wont speed up the process of your File . It happened with me , they requested for medicals via Email and then later they mailed me documents .

Enter the location of the office your Application will be proceed . Example : Buffalo ....

Sita

Jul 25, 2011
WAIT sorry, i think the form is saying, if you put down your e-mail then, everything will be communicated through e-mail only....

So i'm still confused about that...!!!!!!!!

pdornala

Jul 13, 2011
Hello Sita ,

I do agree with you but , they will either contact you by Email or by regular mail . In my case I received AOR and Medicals via Email first and later they Mailed the documents for Medicals by regular postal service .( As we need the original documents for medicals )
So its always better to Mention your Email ID ...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Sita said:
WAIT sorry, i think the form is saying, if you put down your e-mail then, everything will be communicated through e-mail only....
Yes, if you put your email address, they will communicate with you by email. It does not "speed up" processing except for the fact that it speeds up communication considerably - if they request a document, you can reply more quickly. Would you rather wait for 1-4 weeks to receive a request by paper mail? Then another 1-4 weeks for you to respond? In that way, it will affect processing time. Most of us prefer email, just be sure you give a "stable" email address (one you will keep if you should happen to move).

If you actually prefer paper mail (even after a postal strike, really?) then do NOT give your email address. You will not receive anything by email. (Yes, it's one or the other).

flag2009

Star Member
Aug 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
04-03-2011
File Transfer...
10-05-2011
Med's Done....
12-05-2011
Passport Req..
03-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-09-2011
don't forget they just released new forms, so sending old forms will get your application returned