+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC application: 1 police certificate is older than 3 months, what should I do?

da1jonty

Feb 11, 2013
Hi everyone

I have filled out my Canadian Experience Class Application and paid the Fee online this morning and I intend to mail the application off this afternoon to CIO Sydney Nova Scotia. I've selected CPP-Ottawa as the Visa Processing Office.

I am intending to submit everything today, including the two (2) Police Check Certificates I applied for, IELTS test result, etc.

However, I just double-checked that one of the PCCs (Australian) is still less than 3 months old, but the other PCC (United Kingdom) is 3 months and 12 days old.

Given the circumstances, what's my best course of action?

a) Proceed with mailing the application to CIO Sydney NS, including both PCCs, and hope that CIC can be lenient on my UK PCC being ~12 days older than the 'PCC - 3 months old' point in the Application Guide.

b) Same as a) but write up and include a letter that describes the delays I experienced in submitting my application, and hope this is enough for CIC to accept my PCCs as they are.

c) Proceed with mailing the application to CIO Sydney NS, including both PCCs, but for the UK PCC that is older than 3 months, submit a fresh application to get a brand new UK PCC as soon as possible. And upon receiving this new UK PCC, I then mail it ASAP to CIO Sydney NS with a letter (or email?) asking for CIC to have it considered alongside the rest of my Application.

d) Proceed with mailing the application to CIO Sydney NS, including both PCCs, but then wait for the Acknowledgement of Receipt to come to me via email, before I initiate a fresh application to get a brand new UK PCC, wait for it, then mail it off to CIO Sydney NS.

e) Some other course of action I haven't considered?

Thanks in advance!

htrak

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
24-03-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
da1jonty said:
Hi everyone

I have filled out my Canadian Experience Class Application and paid the Fee online this morning and I intend to mail the application off this afternoon to CIO Sydney Nova Scotia. I've selected CPP-Ottawa as the Visa Processing Office.

I am intending to submit everything today, including the two (2) Police Check Certificates I applied for, IELTS test result, etc.

However, I just double-checked that one of the PCCs (Australian) is still less than 3 months old, but the other PCC (United Kingdom) is 3 months and 12 days old.

Given the circumstances, what's my best course of action?

a) Proceed with mailing the application to CIO Sydney NS, including both PCCs, and hope that CIC can be lenient on my UK PCC being ~12 days older than the 'PCC - 3 months old' point in the Application Guide.

b) Same as a) but write up and include a letter that describes the delays I experienced in submitting my application, and hope this is enough for CIC to accept my PCCs as they are.

c) Proceed with mailing the application to CIO Sydney NS, including both PCCs, but for the UK PCC that is older than 3 months, submit a fresh application to get a brand new UK PCC as soon as possible. And upon receiving this new UK PCC, I then mail it ASAP to CIO Sydney NS with a letter (or email?) asking for CIC to have it considered alongside the rest of my Application.

d) Proceed with mailing the application to CIO Sydney NS, including both PCCs, but then wait for the Acknowledgement of Receipt to come to me via email, before I initiate a fresh application to get a brand new UK PCC, wait for it, then mail it off to CIO Sydney NS.

e) Some other course of action I haven't considered?

Thanks in advance!
I am in the same situation as you. My US FBI clearance is more than 4 months old, because the Indian PCC took a lot of time and I couldn’t time them very well. I am still submitting the FBI clearance along with the package. I remember reading in this forum that visa officer sometimes might consider the expired ones. The FBI clearance takes only about a month based on my experience. So my plan is to wait for a request from the visa officer for a new FBI clearance if he is need of one and then apply.

If obtaining UK PCC is not very expensive then my suggestion is to apply for the same now and submit it to visa office after receiving the AOR.

da1jonty

Feb 11, 2013
I'd rather not do a brand new UK PCC, it'll cost me at least 45 GBP and the amount of time it takes to obtain all necessary letters, endorsement of photos, etc. all over again.

So, on this forum, there have been several CEC applicants, whose applications included '> 3 months old' PCC(s), yet their application was successfully approved by CIC without being asked to provide fresh new PCC(s)?

What is the average waiting time for CEC applicants to receive AOR, particularly those who use CPP-Ottawa as the VO? This would influence my decision whether to shell out money and go through a brand new UK PCC application process or wait for X number of weeks before AOR is obtained?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Normally I would say, go ahead and apply (don't let the Aussie PCC expire as well!) and then start working on getting the new PCC to submit later. But since it doesn't take that long to get, you might want to wait and see if they request a new one.