+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC APPLICANTS - Nov 2020 *JOIN HERE *

aji2020

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
I believe every application is having randomly varying timelines.

I called up IRCC and it seems nothing has progressed since the last GCMS notes dated from a month back.

AOR- Nov 8, 2020
VO- Vancouver
Eligibility- Not Started
Criminality- In progress
Info Sharing- In progress
Background- Not Started (Agent specifically mentioned that this will start right away when Criminality is Completed)
Additional documents- Not required

Agent couldn't clarify what the GU was about.

I believe either some factors like certain NOC codes/Job offer might speed up application processing, or, we are trying to justify a completely random process.
Looks like this is the most common status of almost all Nov CEC applications irrespective of the VO.
And completely agree with you on the application processing. Looks like there are random one-off cases who gets through - may be bcos their applications are simple, or may be they are too lucky? Either way, I highly recommend those individuals to try taking some lotteries to cash in their luck ;)

Reactions: Suryarao611

Rachael_Mynah

Star Member
Dec 16, 2020
I believe every application is having randomly varying timelines.

I called up IRCC and it seems nothing has progressed since the last GCMS notes dated from a month back.

AOR- Nov 8, 2020
VO- Vancouver
Eligibility- Not Started
Criminality- In progress
Info Sharing- In progress
Background- Not Started (Agent specifically mentioned that this will start right away when Criminality is Completed)
Additional documents- Not required

Agent couldn't clarify what the GU was about.

I believe either some factors like certain NOC codes/Job offer might speed up application processing, or, we are trying to justify a completely random process.
How much is the % completion or time left showing for you ?

Narayan Mani

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-11-2020
How much is the % completion or time left showing for you ?
This morning it's at 63%.
But it doesn't matter for sure.
It's just a percentage calculation of the time elapsed, wrongfully considering the exact 6 month timeline.

Narayan Mani

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-11-2020
Looks like this is the most common status of almost all Nov CEC applications irrespective of the VO.
And completely agree with you on the application processing. Looks like there are random one-off cases who gets through - may be bcos their applications are simple, or may be they are too lucky? Either way, I highly recommend those individuals to try taking some lotteries to cash in their luck ;)
LUCK might be a factor- directly proportional to the whimsical pattern of application processing.

SIMPLICITY of application is a subjective issue.
I have had upfront medicals, just 1 required PCC, just 1 NOC A job experience that too in Canada, highest degree from a DLI recognized top university in Canada (which means no ECA required), Biometrics exempt, no RCMP request, no additional doc request.
Also no dependents.
If this is not a simple application, I don't know what is.

Augustiner

Star Member
Aug 13, 2016
I got a request letter for CRMP report for my wife on Feb 2. As we did prepare for these reports we have done them on December 30, 2020. We received the reports on the mail on Jan 10. So on Feb 2 as they request (for only my wife), I uploaded it on the same day. The thing is there is one way to do it so we follow the instruction. It is quite simple. But, when we are done, in the past 30 days, I see that the document goes into my section, not hers.
I wonder if anyone knows about this as if it is ok. I try to call IRCC many times with no luck. Please help me out if you were in this experience.

Augustiner

Star Member
Aug 13, 2016
I think I should make clear of the term "my section" above. As you log into your account, after the first page we click on the application, and click on the uploaded documents there is 2 sections for main applicant and spouse. My wife's CRMP report came to my documents' section not hers.

Narayan Mani

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-11-2020
I got a request letter for CRMP report for my wife on Feb 2. As we did prepare for these reports we have done them on December 30, 2020. We received the reports on the mail on Jan 10. So on Feb 2 as they request (for only my wife), I uploaded it on the same day. The thing is there is one way to do it so we follow the instruction. It is quite simple. But, when we are done, in the past 30 days, I see that the document goes into my section, not hers.
I wonder if anyone knows about this as if it is ok. I try to call IRCC many times with no luck. Please help me out if you were in this experience.
I think you could drop a web form and notify them of anything errors on their behalf that you have noticed.
That's the easiest way to reach out now I guess.

Reactions: Augustiner

aji2020

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
I think I should make clear of the term "my section" above. As you log into your account, after the first page we click on the application, and click on the uploaded documents there is 2 sections for main applicant and spouse. My wife's CRMP report came to my documents' section not hers.
I never uploaded a document like that, however I did send them a doc via the webform once. When I called IRCC, the agent was able to verify and confirm that the doc I sent via the webform was attached internally to my application. So I suggest you to call them and check. Try calling in few mins intervals if your previous call doesn't go through. Last time I called, I was able to connect in my second try in 5 mins.

Augustiner

Star Member
Aug 13, 2016
In the request letter, they guided me to send the report through mycic account. I don't know if I still can submit 1 more time via webform? I try many times to call them but still no success.

aji2020

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
In the request letter, they guided me to send the report through mycic account. I don't know if I still can submit 1 more time via webform? I try many times to call them but still no success.
Keep trying, till you get connected. Else, you can just raise a webform and explain that when you tried to upload the RCMP for your wife, it got uploaded against your name in the application and hence attaching again with this webform.. or something in similar lines, like @Narayan Mani suggested above. The only drawback IMO with the webform is that they will take approx a month to process the webforms, but talking to someone in IRCC can clarify it immediately. But a webform won't hurt anyways.

Augustiner

Star Member
Aug 13, 2016
Thank you, aji2020 and Narayan, very much, you guys are so good. I tried like 10 times this afternoon and finally got in touch with one nice lady - just done 1 minute ago. It happens to many or another way to say it is it is normal that the upload documents go to the main applicant's section. They have received it.
We heard from this forum that some are asked to provide CRMP report so we had done it before they request. And she confirms also that is fine. Luckily that I received the report just 3 weeks before they request and uploaded on the same day!
Let's continue the patience! Deep meditation.

Reactions: aji2020

aji2020

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Saw in many forums that someone with 18 Jan 2021 AOR CEC Inland received the COPR, processing took only 45 days approx... leaves me wondering how IRCC is prioritizing applications!!

Reactions: Canada2107

Narayan Mani

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-11-2020
Saw in many forums that someone with 18 Jan 2021 AOR CEC Inland received the COPR, processing took only 45 days approx... leaves me wondering how IRCC is prioritizing applications!!
Did you see that this person got a PFL? And they processed it so fast after the reply to the PFL!! Unbelievable.