CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
15-05-2021
LANDED..........
14-12-2018
Some people can get a update on background check, which usually turns from we are processing to your application in progress but some dont receive any update on that and get COPR quickly. What are the parameters here that lead to background check update or not update at all, what do you think?

For example, I have no travel history. I have 1 dependent and we are all inland. I have been working in Canada since 2018. I have 1 year foreign experience, thats all. I dont understand why I got this update and now waiting for it and I have no idea how long it will take.

Last edited:

Kumar_2010

Sep 22, 2020
My Biometrics completed and updated in my profile however status is still showing "Your action is required " any idea how much time it will take to update the status or anything pending from myside?

AOR - 15th May

LOVENYC

Jul 12, 2021
Hi Everybody,

AOR : May 9, 2021 (BG: NA)

Med: May 31 Passed (BG: PROCESSING BC)

GHOST UPDATE : BG: Application Progress. will let you know when we start BC

July 5,2021: Filed GCMS NOTES, and called IRCC and agent mentioned that ELIGBILITY HAS PASSED: BACKGROUND IN PROCESS

JULY 6, 2021: SAW PROFILE UPDATED BUT NOTHING HAD CHANGED INSIDE, SO CALLED IRCC AGAIN, agent said ALL STAGES PASSED. WAITING FOR FINAL REVIEW

JULY 9 , 2021: RECEIVED PORTAL EMAIL. REPLIED BACK WITH DETAILS. ON FRIDAY 4pm and still waiting for login details.

WhiteMocha

Mar 16, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
15-05-2021
LANDED..........
14-12-2018
Hi Everybody,

AOR : May 9, 2021 (BG: NA)

Med: May 31 Passed (BG: PROCESSING BC)

GHOST UPDATE : BG: Application Progress. will let you know when we start BC

July 5,2021: Filed GCMS NOTES, and called IRCC and agent mentioned that ELIGBILITY HAS PASSED: BACKGROUND IN PROCESS

JULY 6, 2021: SAW PROFILE UPDATED BUT NOTHING HAD CHANGED INSIDE, SO CALLED IRCC AGAIN, agent said ALL STAGES PASSED. WAITING FOR FINAL REVIEW

JULY 9 , 2021: RECEIVED PORTAL EMAIL. REPLIED BACK WITH DETAILS. ON FRIDAY 4pm and still waiting for login details.
When did you receive your ghost update, your background changed to in progress? Your background was still showing in progress when you received portal email?

LOVENYC

Jul 12, 2021
When did you receive your ghost update, your background changed to in progress? Your background was still showing in progress when you received portal email?
Yes, BG still shows in progress and will let you know if need more info even after receiving portal email.

BG changed to in progress from application is progress around JULY 5 2021.

I believe me filing for GCMS notes kinda accelerated my application. I could be wrong or maybe just a coincidence.

WhiteMocha

Mar 16, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
15-05-2021
LANDED..........
14-12-2018
Yes, BG still shows in progress and will let you know if need more info even after receiving portal email.

BG changed to in progress from application is progress around JULY 5 2021.

I believe me filing for GCMS notes kinda accelerated my application. I could be wrong or maybe just a coincidence.
Thank you very much man, I think it is possible that it can accelerate your application. You sent GCMS request on July 5 or you requested before and received the files on July 5?

LOVENYC

Jul 12, 2021
Thank you very much man, I think it is possible that it can accelerate your application. You sent GCMS request on July 5 or you requested before and received the files on July 5?
I put in the request on july 5 for GCMS and then called IRCC for the very first time in my life and agent said ELIGBILTY had passed already and BC is in progress but even at that moment ONLINE CIC account shows " APPLICATION IN PROCESS and will let you know when we start BC." And next day saw ghost update in account and called IRCC again and then agent said ALL STAGES PASSED.