anantha27

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Hi all,

CEC - Inland
AOR MAY 1 2020
Medicals Passed - May 24
BioMetrics- on file Excempted. Oct 9
Background Check - In Progress ( status on the portal)
Still waiting..
I called CIC many times and one officer went as far as to say, my PR has been approved and its time to celebrate!. But after that no progress.
Applied for GCMS notes March 23 2021.

Getting anxious and frustated with this delay.

Any body in the forum with the same status ??
not sure what else can we do? can we get the case represented via local MPP?
You r not alone. My application also stuck in criminality- in progress state since last October. It's really frustrating but we can't do anything with Gov't other than Waiting. Every one will listen patiently but does nothing. Simply use the trump card "due to COVID" It's all depends on the case officer............. some are good and some are extremely bad in delivering service. Unfortunately our applications landed in a wrong bucket.

Reactions: HappyKing80

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Wowwww this is freaking me out...applied for PGWP under new policy on apr14th and got approved today for 18months...i applied for BOWP which is expiring this may 20 so to extend my stay i was suggested to apply for PGWP under new policy instead of BOWP again....i wish if all the officers could be like this working on our PR files..

kn604

Oct 12, 2020
Wowwww this is freaking me out...applied for PGWP under new policy on apr14th and got approved today for 18months...i applied for BOWP which is expiring this may 20 so to extend my stay i was suggested to apply for PGWP under new policy instead of BOWP again....i wish if all the officers could be like this working on our PR files..
WOW 6 days!! I am going to apply for this too. Is it the same as applying the PGWP? Do you need additional documents. I am asking since my PGWP was applied by an agent.

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Yeah same process same.application as BOWP but make sure to add LOE saying this in first paragraph
  • a letter that says you’re applying for an open work permit under the Public Policy Facilitating the Issuance of an Open Work Permit to Former or Current Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) Holders

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
WOW 6 days!! I am going to apply for this too. Is it the same as applying the PGWP? Do you need additional documents. I am asking since my PGWP was applied by an agent.
Add ur old PGWP to that letter and link that PDF in optional documentation..

arsenican

Apr 20, 2021
Applied for PR on May 14, submitted biometrics in December. My ATIP report showed that my file hasn't been touched since last July(!!!!). Weird, because people who applied after me have already gotten their documents. Does anyone know who should I contact for help? It looks like my file is dumped in a trash can and noone will get back to it unless I do something

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Applied for PR on May 14, submitted biometrics in December. My ATIP report showed that my file hasn't been touched since last July(!!!!). Weird, because people who applied after me have already gotten their documents. Does anyone know who should I contact for help? It looks like my file is dumped in a trash can and noone will get back to it unless I do something
Many ppl are in same situation buddy who are waiting for approvals from may AoR's..may 14th myself last touched aug 2020...nothing we can do unfortunately besides just looking for some hope....

Ayonike2020

Star Member
May 29, 2020
Did you get a confirmation email when you applied under the new policy and do you if one can continue to work before the approval of the work pernit?

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Did you get a confirmation email when you applied under the new policy and do you if one can continue to work before the approval of the work pernit?
Yeah i gt confirmation email same day right away and a letter saying to submit to employer as a proof of temp permit valid until aug 2021 or i recieved approval for PGWP whichever comes first..which everyone gets
In my case i still have myBOWP valid until may 20,2021 so i have no issues with working whereas if you apply for any visa and its under processing even if ur current visa expires u will be under implied status and during that period same rules as ur expired visa follows until u recieve a decision on ur extension visa..

Reactions: Ayonike2020

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Can we write an email to the Prime Minister explaining the PR processing time line with examples
But does it work i mean many ppl have raised petitions and if send8ng letter to prime minister office works they could have used all that info and signatures to send it to them in tge first place..just a doubt

arsenican

Apr 20, 2021
But does it work i mean many ppl have raised petitions and if send8ng letter to prime minister office works they could have used all that info and signatures to send it to them in tge first place..just a doubt
Better to try then not to try, I’ll prepare one petition tonight. I can’t waste anymore of my time only because someone doesn’t do the job while living off my taxes.

Reactions: Immigration44