CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
Med's Done....
10-03-2020
You have done your biometrics so I believe yours won't be stuck in criminality review like mine.
If I may ask, in which state you are ? When it as my time for bio-metric, next appointment for me in Ottawa was after 14 days, but in Gatineau I got it on the next day. So if possible, keep checking other centers if they are open.

leomessi1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2020
Due to public health concerns related to COVID‑19, Service Canada closed its centres on March 27, 2020. Although Service Canada is starting to gradually reopen its offices to the public, biometrics collection services will resume at a later date.

Recognizing the impact this ongoing service disruption has on applicants in Canada, IRCC has put in place until further notice a public policy to exempt temporary residence applicants applying from within Canada from having to give their biometrics. This means we will be able to fully process and make decisions on applications.

With the public policy in place, IRCC is now able to help many temporary residence applicants in Canada to move forward with their plans, for example, to study, work or extend their stay as a visitor in the country.

We will continue to screen applicants through other means to ensure the safety and security of all Canadians.

The department is also looking at potential options to help permanent residence applicants in Canada.

[Source] https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/biometrics-exemption-temporary-residents.html

Banana woman

Dec 10, 2019
Due to public health concerns related to COVID‑19, Service Canada closed its centres on March 27, 2020. Although Service Canada is starting to gradually reopen its offices to the public, biometrics collection services will resume at a later date.

Recognizing the impact this ongoing service disruption has on applicants in Canada, IRCC has put in place until further notice a public policy to exempt temporary residence applicants applying from within Canada from having to give their biometrics. This means we will be able to fully process and make decisions on applications.

With the public policy in place, IRCC is now able to help many temporary residence applicants in Canada to move forward with their plans, for example, to study, work or extend their stay as a visitor in the country.

We will continue to screen applicants through other means to ensure the safety and security of all Canadians.

The department is also looking at potential options to help permanent residence applicants in Canada.

[Source] https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/biometrics-exemption-temporary-residents.html
I hope they figure out a way to help PR applicants in Canada without biometrics. For some of us that applied to come to Canada via study or work permit, we already have biometrics on file which is still valid. So, I’m hoping IRCC will use the biometrics and ask for an updated one later, say when we apply for citizenship.

Last edited:

kate.tingchunlin

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
I hope they figure out a way to help PR applicants in Canada without biometrics. For some of us that applied to come to Canada via study or work permit, we already have biometrics on file which is still valid. So, I’m hoping IRCC will use the biometrics and ask for an updated one later, say when we apply for citizenship.
agreed

Reactions: nyiable

nyiable

Jun 18, 2018
I got my GCMS note today (ordered on July 2nd):

Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: In Progress
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: In Progress
Other Reqs:
Final:

MI3 A11.2: Met
R87.1: CEC Minimum requirements - Met
Ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete

Now just wait for SC to open for Biometrics and done T.T

kate.tingchunlin

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020

Security:
HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

congratsss! by the looks of it, you are one step away from the dream-come-true

Mz_lizzy

Jun 9, 2020

Security:
HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

What is your AOR pls

evilskater

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Toronto
Category........
CEC
good news!! so.. apparently they will start calling us to book the biometrics collection... if you call their call center number and wait you will hear the message - (888) 242-2100

ncrohith

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
05-04-2020

Red_Warrior

Apr 22, 2020
Permanent residence applicants who need to give biometrics
Find out if you need to give your biometrics.

Service Canada Centres are gradually resuming biometrics collection services for permanent residence applicants who have received a biometric instruction letter (BIL).

Service Canada officers will call you at the telephone number you provided in your application to schedule your biometrics appointment. There is no additional fee to pay, and you don’t need a new BIL. Don’t go to a Service Canada Centre unless a Service Canada Officer calls you and schedules an appointment for you.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html