+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

** CEC 2022 **Can I accept ITA and later decline it

SridharSridu

Jun 2, 2019
Hello People,

1) Can I accept ITA and later decline it if I am not able to submit the documents needed before deadline?

2) Also, Can I change my primary NOC Code after ITA?

3) I have 1.6 years foreign experience
9 months CEC experience - Company 1
3 months CEC experience - Company 2

NOC Codes are all different but are under TEER 2 ; So which NOC code should I be using as Primary NOC code?

Please guide

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hello People,

1) Can I accept ITA and later decline it if I am not able to submit the documents needed before deadline?

2) Also, Can I change my primary NOC Code after ITA?

3) I have 1.6 years foreign experience
9 months CEC experience - Company 1
3 months CEC experience - Company 2

NOC Codes are all different but are under TEER 2 ; So which NOC code should I be using as Primary NOC code?

Please guide

1. It is possible to accept an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence in Canada and later decline it if you are not able to submit the required documents by the deadline. However, it is important to note that if you accept an ITA and then decline it, you may not be able to reapply for permanent residence through the same program in the future.
  2. Once you have received an ITA and submitted an application for permanent residence, it is generally not possible to change your primary National Occupational Classification (NOC) code. The NOC code you listed on your ITA and in your application will be used to determine your eligibility for the program and the processing of your application.
  3. In general, when determining your primary NOC code, you should consider the occupation that you have the most experience in and that best reflects your skills and job duties. In your case, you should consider which of the three occupations you have the most experience in and that best reflects your skills and job duties, and use the corresponding NOC code as your primary NOC code. It is important to accurately and honestly represent your work experience and skills on your application, as misrepresentation can have serious consequences and can result in your application being denied.

SridharSridu

Jun 2, 2019
  1. It is possible to accept an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence in Canada and later decline it if you are not able to submit the required documents by the deadline. However, it is important to note that if you accept an ITA and then decline it, you may not be able to reapply for permanent residence through the same program in the future.
  2. Once you have received an ITA and submitted an application for permanent residence, it is generally not possible to change your primary National Occupational Classification (NOC) code. The NOC code you listed on your ITA and in your application will be used to determine your eligibility for the program and the processing of your application.
  3. In general, when determining your primary NOC code, you should consider the occupation that you have the most experience in and that best reflects your skills and job duties. In your case, you should consider which of the three occupations you have the most experience in and that best reflects your skills and job duties, and use the corresponding NOC code as your primary NOC code. It is important to accurately and honestly represent your work experience and skills on your application, as misrepresentation can have serious consequences and can result in your application being denied.
Thank you for your response.

Points 2 are 3 are very clear.

But in Point 1 you say that If One accept and decline the ITA they cannot apply again for PR through CEC?

But there are many people who do that ; They decline the ITA after accepting ; Just before next draw and they still get the ITA and get 60 more days to submit the documents. I read some posts on FB like this.

Could you elaborate am I wrong here?

Thanks again.