+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CCTB Question

runningfree

Apr 3, 2012
Hi all,

Hoping someone can offer some guidance. First, background info - I am a Canadian Citizen and my wife is a PR as of Nov 2012. I lived in her home country from 2009- Sep 2012 and then we moved to Canada shortly before she was approved for PR status. Our son was born Dec 2012 and I applied for all necessary government programs. In March 2013 we received a UCCB check with backpayment starting from Jan. Shortly after I received a letter from CCTB saying they processed my info Feb 28th and established that I am eligible for: (my son's name). However, no payments have been received up until this day. Just wondering, are they waiting for a tax return or do payments start at a specific time of year or should I be following up? Any help is greatly appreciated.

PRCR

Jan 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
runningfree said:
Hi all,

Hoping someone can offer some guidance. First, background info - I am a Canadian Citizen and my wife is a PR as of Nov 2012. I lived in her home country from 2009- Sep 2012 and then we moved to Canada shortly before she was approved for PR status. Our son was born Dec 2012 and I applied for all necessary government programs. In March 2013 we received a UCCB check with backpayment starting from Jan. Shortly after I received a letter from CCTB saying they processed my info Feb 28th and established that I am eligible for: (my son's name). However, no payments have been received up until this day. Just wondering, are they waiting for a tax return or do payments start at a specific time of year or should I be following up? Any help is greatly appreciated.
From my personal experience, I started receiving the UCB immediately [for a child(ren) below six], however even after getting the letter saying I was eligible for the CCTB, it did not start off until I called the call centre handling the CCTB and was told to fill out my world income and that of my spouse (because I am legally married) and send it to them.
So it would probably be best to go back to their website and check for the number handling the CCTB and give them a call and you would be guided on what to do.

dsroxan

Nov 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
23-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
hello every one can some body answer my question i send my son to the philippines when hes 1 yr old and bring him back when hes 2 yrs old any idea that the governement will give back all hes CCTB while hes not here when hes back in Canada thank you

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
dsroxan said:
hello every one can some body answer my question i send my son to the philippines when hes 1 yr old and bring him back when hes 2 yrs old any idea that the governement will give back all hes CCTB while hes not here when hes back in Canada thank you
Unless your child is living with you in Canada, you are not eligible for the CCTB. If you claim it and somehow receive it, CRA can always come after you later for the amount paid + penalties.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/bnfts/cctb/fq_qlfyng-eng.html#q4

dsroxan

Nov 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
23-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
20-06-2013

Ashraf Fahim

Sep 14, 2014
We are returning resident and would like to apply for CCTB for the first time effective from November 2013 for our son. My question is, do my spouse need to fill out CTB 9 Form as the applicant

Ashraf Fahim

Sep 14, 2014
Ashraf Fahim said:
We are returning resident and would like to apply for CCTB for the first time effective from November 2013 for our son. My question is, do my spouse need to fill out CTB 9 Form as the applicant
We are returning resident and would like to apply for CCTB for the first time for our son effective from November 2013 . My question is, do my spouse need to fill out CTB 9 Form as the applicant