+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CBSA Entry/Exit Report

kennykill

Jun 15, 2011
Hi all,

Just thought I'd post something relating to the CBSA Report that I got recently for my entry/exits.

Interestingly in the cover letter they state;

"Please note that the records are being released in their entirety. Also note that six exit records were retrieved.

Please note that exit information is only recorded for foreign nationals leaving Canada at a land port since June 30th, 2013 (no exit information exists prior to that date). In addition, no exit information is recorded for Canadian Citizens, American Citizens, commercial truck drivers, or minors."

The exit records they have for me are from the land border crossings so clearly they are now tracking exits over land as well as by air. Something PR card holders should be aware of.

puma

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
kennykill said:
Please note that exit information is only recorded for foreign nationals leaving Canada at a land port since June 30th, 3013 (no exit information exists prior to that date)
Is it not June 30th, 2013?!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That must be phase III of the Us/Canada `Beyond the Border' program.

Are you in fact a US Citizen and therefore should not appear on the list?

kennykill

Jun 15, 2011
I wish I was, would make things alot easier! I'm just sharing the information, I had friends who were going to renew their cards without mentioning trips over the land borders but obviously now they're tracking exits too so they're tightening things up!

clearly

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
I was wondering about this... would american citizen permanent residents be recorded under Entry/Exit? I think that the next phase will include US and Canadian citizens though..

Not that it matters, we have NEXUS so both sides get it anyway through that.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Everyone including US/Canadian Citizens and PRs will get tagged from July 2014 - those days of sneaking through the US land border and pretending one was in Canada all along are nigh at an end!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri said:
Everyone including US/Canadian Citizens and PRs will get tagged from July 2014 - those days of sneaking through the US land border and pretending one was in Canada all along are nigh at an end!
Maybe this will be a positive change for Americans that need a detailed record for their Canadian residency obligations...just getting the report from CBSA, makes the calculation(s) painless!