+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Caught between 2 changes in residency period .Hoping for 1 yrs processing time..

daisy2

Oct 29, 2016
When I was nearing to 3 yrs the changes came of 4 yrs and I waited .Now,when I am close to 4 yrs , again new amendment is coming ( 2 yrs of processing time!!! ) .So , if the 2 yrs processing time come in to amendment , my 4 yrs of residency would be counted as 3 yrs and again have to wait for 2 yrs !!!!..
Really shocked after getting the news about the processing time .... :( :( :(

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tyl92 said:
I just wonder where did you get that information ?
There doesn't seem to be written articles about increase in waiting time but experience from past under the 3/5 rule with pre PR time accounted showed that 2 years was the average processing time. So if and when the rule changes again most likely IRCC will be flood with applications and logically processing times will go up.

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
daisy2 said:
When I was nearing to 3 yrs the changes came of 4 yrs and I waited .Now,when I am close to 4 yrs , again new amendment is coming ( 2 yrs of processing time!!! ) .So , if the 2 yrs processing time come in to amendment , my 4 yrs of residency would be counted as 3 yrs and again have to wait for 2 yrs !!!!..
If you are asking for definite answers, then you will not get any, as at this stage no one, not even the Senators, knows what will happen with this bill. However, if you want an educated guess, I would say in your case you should not worry about suffering from both bills. The reason I say this, is because if miracles happen, C-6 won't receive Royal assent before the beginning of 2017. After that, 3/5 rule will be the last clause to implement due to the restructuring and planning required for such changes. C-24 which required less planning (since it reduced applications) took a year to implement. 3/5 Rule would take at least a year if not more to implement; so you are talking about beginning of 2018. Based on what you said, you will fulfill the 4 years requirement soon, so you should be ok. This is my opinion though, please do not use it as a valid fact.

daisy2

Oct 29, 2016
tyl92 said:
I just wonder where did you get that information ?
I got to know from other discussion panel " BREAKING NEWS Bill C-6 finally passed in HoC, Now reading in Senate"
So I am worried about the processing time . If that happens ,then this will take 6 yrs for my case where any one should get that within 4 years..

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
daisy2 said:
I got to know from other discussion panel " BREAKING NEWS Bill C-6 finally passed in HoC, Now reading in Senate"
So I am worried about the processing time . If that happens ,then this will take 6 yrs for my case where any one should get that within 4 years..
You are not alone, many of us are victims of both C24 and C6 and the ruthless politicans that apply the rules without any considerations of those got affected

asifmehmood

May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Aug 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
File Transfer...
April 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
Passport Req..
31/01/13, received at LVO 04/02/13
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/13
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
deerestlovelybear said:
You are not alone, many of us are victims of both C24 and C6 and the ruthless politicans that apply the rules without any considerations of those got affected
My assumption is that with the implementation of Bill C-6, processing time wont increase much, as the citizenship process is now a single tier process (IO) instead of three tier system ( IO, CJ, IO), you could see the app currently being dealt within 3 months for some candidates, in my opinion

daisy2

Oct 29, 2016
marcher said:
If you are asking for definite answers, then you will not get any, as at this stage no one, not even the Senators, knows what will happen with this bill. However, if you want an educated guess, I would say in your case you should not worry about suffering from both bills. The reason I say this, is because if miracles happen, C-6 won't receive Royal assent before the beginning of 2017. After that, 3/5 rule will be the last clause to implement due to the restructuring and planning required for such changes. C-24 which required less planning (since it reduced applications) took a year to implement. 3/5 Rule would take at least a year if not more to implement; so you are talking about beginning of 2018. Based on what you said, you will fulfill the 4 years requirement soon, so you should be ok. This is my opinion though, please do not use it as a valid fact.
Thank you for explaining the fact ... we can hope for the best ....

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
asifmehmood said:
My assumption is that with the implementation of Bill C-6, processing time wont increase much, as the citizenship process is now a single tier process (IO) instead of three tier system ( IO, CJ, IO), you could see the app currently being dealt within 3 months for some candidates, in my opinion
But the bottleneck is now shifting to lack of citizenship judges because Liberals refused to appoint new judges someone can be approved in 3 months but wait for years to complete the process. It can be worse with influx of apolicants after C6 students and temp workers residence time implemented, immediately 600k students and temporary foreign workers will be eligible

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
daisy2 said:
There is no amendment to increase the processing time. This is all speculation, conjecture and misinformation. Ignore it all. No one knows whether processing times will increase or not.

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
torontosm said:
There is no amendment to increase the processing time. This is all speculation, conjecture and misinformation. Ignore it all. No one knows whether processing times will increase or not.
I am just making a wild guess, but I think should the 3/5 rule be put in place again, then probably another significant hike in the application fees might help control the processing time. It would put off some people from applying immediately, and it will also provide enough funds to hire more staff.