+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Carrying money back to India after landing

can_2010

Apr 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
devilhimselff said:
Dude you are making things difficult and complicated for yourself. IT is your choice.

Something makes me beleive that the Funds are not yours, sorry but that is what I am picking up from your posts.

Anyways, none of us are lawyers or Immigration officers, we can offer advice upto some level. If you want, you can discuss it with a Lawyer, when you are in Canada.

Best of luck bro.
Devlihimself,

I am sorry, if my language sounded offending or I made myself sounding as arrogant. But, actually, my intent was just trying to debate on this topic and was raising a question, as what worst can happen to me in that case (it was just a question). That is why I had posted this query on the forum to seek input and advise from the forum members.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
can_2010 said:
Devlihimself,

I am sorry, if my language sounded offending or I made myself sounding as arrogant. But, actually, my intent was just trying to debate on this topic and was raising a question, as what worst can happen to me in that case (it was just a question). That is why I had posted this query on the forum to seek input and advise from the forum members.
Absolutely no problem dude. I am just trying to convey that you have gone through so much planning and work to get through the immigration etc.

Whatever you do with your money, that is your right....

Just make sure you dont have any bumps....MANY MANY folks go and come back and then go again after a while. So just discuss and do what is safe.

BEST OF LUCK....

JUNER2011

Oct 5, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
AOR Received.
August 2011 PER / 2nd AOR : September 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application 7.5 Band
File Transfer...
September 2011
Med's Request
January 2012
Med's Done....
January 2012
Interview........
got waived :-)
Passport Req..
January 2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 2012
LANDED..........
June 2012
Re: Carrying POF money back to India after landing

can_2010 said:
Juner 2011,

I understand your point that immgiration authority needs to be convinced about my immigration, Visa is just not enough. But I dont know, what can i do about it? I dont think, I am left with much option/time for opening the account also with Scotia bank as I am starting on 16th November and my visa is expiring on 20th November (I will still try tomorrow).

Worst case, lets say, even if Immgritation authorities do not get convinced, what maximum can they do about it (for coming to Canada for such a short trip of 5 days, just to complete landing formalities and taking back POF/more than CAD 10,000 out of country to home country) ?? Are they not going to let me land/enter in Canada ?? Can they revoke/cancel my PR Visa ?? Or delay my PR Card processing ?? Or Ask me to pay tax for taking the money out of country (since it is more than CAD 10,000) ??
I feel that you should take your chance...still left with a good 7 days to board the flight !
In case you cant make it from home country...dont be disheartened, as you can get the scotia bank account even after landing there and as I said earlier, your bank account with some money left in it should suffice as a genuine proof of your good intention to return back in lets say 8-10 months
Trick - do 1 thing...for example you are a family of 3 , means you need CAD $ 17011 as POF...
1) take the amount as a D.D (full CAD $17011)
2) Land there and approach scotia bank to open your new comer account - google about scotia bank contacts and you will find...in case you need help with their contacts..let me know and I will post it here..
3) Deposit all your POF in your new canadian account
4) withdraw CAD$ 9999 a day prior to your flight back home
5) return home with CAD $ 9999 (no tax hassle, no informing immi authority hassle etc.) plus peace of mind that your money is safe back in CANADA !
6) And yes...do check with the bank people about minimum balance required and account un-operational if no transaction for some period of time (for this u can obtain internet banking details from the bank and buy some penny wise pound foolish items from the web time and again to maintain it as operational 8) )
BEST WISHES (even i will do a short landing like you once I get my visa and plan to do the same stuff- so pls do share your experience here with us)
Regards - BON VOYAGE !!!
JUNER 2011

can_2010

Apr 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Devilhimself and Juner 2011 for all your inputs and advise. I will definitely update you about my experience.

Need one more input, since you guys know my case well.

I was planning to carry my Company laptop, for which I do not have bills but company letter from STPI. Do I need to declare it as Goods Accompaning me or it is not needed as I would be bringing it back and also not my asset ?