Carleton University - Winter 2017 intake

sparta909

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kanu917 said:
4-6 weeks woo that is too much.
Windsor doesn't update online :O. How are we supposed to know about our status then? Its been 8 weeks i have applied there still nothing yet.!
Oh My! That's a long time then! Have you checked your portal online? Does it show received documents? Or anything? Check it and tell me too, so that I have an idea.

I think they will send an email once the decision has been made.

And have you heard anything from Dal then?

You've too applied for winter 2017, right?

kanu917

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
18-07-2016
sparta909 said:
Oh My! That's a long time then! Have you checked your portal online? Does it show received documents? Or anything? Check it and tell me too, so that I have an idea.

I think they will send an email once the decision has been made.

And have you heard anything from Dal then?
Yes! It shows documents receieved on 29 th july. I check it regulary. Have you got offer from windsor? I think my chances are low bcz i applied very close to deadline of 1 aug

Yes i got a mail from dal. I got rejected as seats are full

Yes i applied for jan 2017

sparta909

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kanu917 said:
Yes! It shows documents receieved on 29 th july. I check it regulary. Have you got offer from windsor? I think my chances are low bcz i applied very close to deadline of 1 aug

Yes i got a mail from dal. I got rejected as seats are full

Yes i applied for jan 2017
Oh yes, same here, Dal is full for winter.

No, I have recently (in September) applied to Windsor. My docs haven't yet been received there. So I am not sure what will happen.

And at Carleton, the status says "Review in progress by department".

kanu917

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
18-07-2016
sparta909 said:
Oh yes, same here, Dal is full for winter.

No, I have recently (in September) applied to Windsor. My docs haven't yet been received there. So I am not sure what will happen.

And at Carleton, the status says "Review in progress by department".
You applied in sept for jan intake?? Isn't it beyond the deadline. I think it was aug 1 for jan 2017

sparta909

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kanu917 said:
You applied in sept for jan intake?? Isn't it beyond the deadline. I think it was aug 1 for jan 2017
Yes, it is late, of course. But since the university accepts applications even after deadlines, so I did. However, if it gets late, they'll offer May intake. I talked to a consultant and he suggested so.

kanu917

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
18-07-2016
kartik.puri said:
Preliminary review required.

and yours?
Its under review by department now
When did u apply?

kanu917

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
18-07-2016
sparta909 said:
Yes, it is late, of course. But since the university accepts applications even after deadlines, so I did. However, if it gets late, they'll offer May intake. I talked to a consultant and he suggested so.
Yes! I read somewhere on this forum that they give may intake if seats are full for jan.
Anyhow i think windsor is also very slow!

sparta909

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kanu917 said:
Yes! I read somewhere on this forum that they give may intake if seats are full for jan.
Anyhow i think windsor is also very slow!
Yes it is! Let's see when do they reply.. You may hear from them soon. It has been long since you've applied.

For now, I just hope to hear from Carleton soon.

kanu917

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
18-07-2016
sparta909 said:
Yes it is! Let's see when do they reply.. You may hear from them soon. It has been long since you've applied.

For now, I just hope to hear from Carleton soon.
Bro! Go to this
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/masters-in-carleton-university-jan-2016-intake-t374132.0.html;msg4747934#msg4747934

Last year students who applied got admission in November :( Very disheartening . Indian Univ are faster than carleton.

And about Windsor i think it will take week or two

sparta909

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kanu917 said:
Bro! Go to this
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/masters-in-carleton-university-jan-2016-intake-t374132.0.html;msg4747934#msg4747934

Last year students who applied got admission in November :( Very disheartening . Indian Univ are faster than carleton.

And about Windsor i think it will take week or two
OMG!! That's terribly late! :eek: we'll have to wait so long. :/ For visa we'll need to apply at least a month before Jan i.e. in last week of November.

kanu917

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
18-07-2016
sparta909 said:
OMG!! That's terribly late! :eek: we'll have to wait so long. :/ For visa we'll need to apply at least a month before Jan i.e. in last week of November.
Ya man :(. i have lost hope now .I read all the forums regarding winter intake for carleton and windsor and i have come to the conclusion that we will not see good news before last week of October. I wish to be wrong

sparta909

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kanu917 said:
Ya man :(. i have lost hope now .I read all the forums regarding winter intake for carleton and windsor and i have come to the conclusion that we will not see good news before last week of October. I wish to be wrong
Oh same here!! Well, you have a good offer at hand if it gets late. But, all the very best. I hope you hear from them in time. :)

Are you financing your education yourself or do you plan to take an education loan? If you keep everything ready, you may wait till mid November before you apply for Visa.

kanu917

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
18-07-2016
sparta909 said:
Oh same here!! Well, you have a good offer at hand if it gets late. But, all the very best. I hope you hear from them in time. :)

Are you financing your education yourself or do you plan to take an education loan? If you keep everything ready, you may wait till mid November before you apply for Visa.
I actually do not know the exact fee for carleton and windsor univ. I am assuming around 5lac INR per sem plus another 5.5 lac for GIC so i think my parents can manage first sem fee along with GIC money without loan and the rest will be loan.
What about you?
Also, do you know decision timing for concordia univ. Its been 8 weeks since i have heard from them.