+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

caregiver pilot program 2024

HarinLeo

Star Member
Dec 15, 2023
Can anyone advise me how and what are documents should I have ready to apply for this program opening on Jan 01, 2024? Your help is much appreciated. Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can anyone advise me how and what are documents should I have ready to apply for this program opening on Jan 01, 2024? Your help is much appreciated. Thank you
Go the HCCP website. Don’t know what you mean by how as you apply online. Assume you have everything ready to go since it opens in two weeks.

HarinLeo

Star Member
Dec 15, 2023
Go the HCCP website. Don’t know what you mean by how as you apply online. Assume you have everything ready to go since it opens in two weeks.
Thank you so much. Can you please share that exact web link. Yes, I'm ready with all documents and going to sponsor my niece to care my kids. This will be under gaining experience category so does need to have fulltime experience in childcare or volunteer and part-time job is okay to apply?

HarinLeo

Star Member
Dec 15, 2023
Please anyone can advise me that we are husband and wife are sponsoring our niece as a caregiver SO who will be the employer?
Do we need to register for business number with CRA?
Do we need to have a business name?

Please advise me. Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Please anyone can advise me that we are husband and wife are sponsoring our niece as a caregiver SO who will be the employer?
Do we need to register for business number with CRA?
Do we need to have a business name?

Please advise me. Thank you
Yes you need a business registration number. It must be a full-time position with a wage that is the median salary for your region. It is FT because she can only work for you. She is applying not you. You are the employer and she is applying under the pilot program. Family members are more heavily scrutinized. So she has all her documentation ready.

Google - HCCP apply

HarinLeo

Star Member
Dec 15, 2023
Yes you need a business registration number. It must be a full-time position with a wage that is the median salary for your region. It is FT because she can only work for you. She is applying not you. You are the employer and she is applying under the pilot program. Family members are more heavily scrutinized. So she has all her documentation ready.

Google - HCCP apply
Thank You Naturgrl for your prompt reply. Are you from Canada or Outside of Canada? My niece is working fulltime in Banking sector so I believe she is still eligible to apply under gaining experience category. Does she still need to proof her experience in childcare ? if so, it should be fulltime or part time?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank You Naturgrl for your prompt reply. Are you from Canada or Outside of Canada? Mu niece is working fulltime in Banking sector so I believe she is still eligible to apply under gaining experience category. Does she still need to proof her experience in childcare ? if so, it should be fulltime or part time?
Requirements are on the site but she will have her ECA and IELTS which are mandatory. She doesn’t need childcare experience but family members are more heavily scrutinized as you may be asked why she is the only person who can look after your children and what you are doing now for childcare and for the next 3 years (length of processing). Assume you live outside Quebec.

HarinLeo

Star Member
Dec 15, 2023
Requirements are on the site but she will have her ECA and IELTS which are mandatory. She doesn’t need childcare experience but family members are more heavily scrutinized as you may be asked why she is the only person who can look after your children and what you are doing now for childcare and for the next 3 years (length of processing). Assume you live outside Quebec.
Thank You. Do I need a business name to register for Business number? If you dont mind Can I have your phone to talk and ask some questions please

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank You. Do I need a business name to register for Business number? If you dont mind Can I have your phone to talk and ask some questions please
No I don’t do personal calls. Hire a consultant or lawyer if you need help with submitting the application. Business name can be you. The HCCP website clearly outlines the documents required.

HarinLeo

Star Member
Dec 15, 2023
Should I apply through
Permanent Residence Portal
Program under which you are applying
Economic
Category under which you are applying
Home Support Worker Pilot: Direct to permanent residence category

Applying for gaining experience childcare
Am I on right page? Please guide me. Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Should I apply through
Economic

No. The category doesn’t open until January 1. You cannot apply or download documents until January 1. She is not eligible for direct to PR.

tetunte

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2013
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Nomination.....
20-04-2015
AOR Received.
05-08-2015
IELTS Request
26-05-2015 with application
File Transfer...
09-09-2015
Med's Request
09-09-2015
Med's Done....
25-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015
LANDED..........
July 31 2016
Should I apply through
Economic

Be sure to have all these forms ready (even the online forms to quickly fill the info when the system opens).

Located in https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides.html

HarinLeo

Star Member
Dec 15, 2023
Have some questions.
1. In the offer letter, duration of contract- Can I put 36 months? or it should be more?

2. For gaining experience, Am I still going to pay the following fees for each?

A. For Applicant : PR payment $1085 and Biometric $170 (Including spouse) and closed work permit fee $155
B. For Spouse (Dependent): PR payment $1085 and open work permit fee $100
c. For child (10 years old - dependent child): PR payment $155 and study permit $150.

Kindly advise me.

Thank You

Reactions: tetunte

Joyous2

Dec 18, 2023
Hello, I have 5 experience in caregiving 3 years as Nanny and 2 years as a volunteer care worker. I have my ielts band 5.5 and have done other related care courses online level 3 diploma in health and social care. Am I qualified to apply and how should I go about the application ?