+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAQs Sent Late June/Early July: Your Status?

CAQHelp

Jul 21, 2017
Hi everyone!

I'm getting a little panicked about my CAQ. I accepted my University's offer late May, and sent in my documents early June. However, my package never reached its destination. I checked my tracking number and it never updated, so I assumed it got lost (I also called them, but they couldn't give me an answer). I then sent in another package late June, and it arrived the first week of July. It's getting late though, and I'm wondering if I sent it in a little too late. I need to be on campus by August 28th, but can arrive as late as September 4th.

Luckily, I don't need to get my Study Permit online, so the CAQ is all I have to worry about. I've been seeing a lot of people talk about packages they've sent in mid/late May, but not late June. I understand the waiting time is about 6 weeks, but I wasn't sure if that wait time spiked up over the past month. Has anyone gotten an update who submitted their documents late June?

Thank you.

juancamilog

Jul 21, 2017
I sent my documents on June 16th and haven't got any news. I sent them from Montreal via regular mail (usually takes 2 days from within the city, but no tracking). It's been 5 weeks and no update. I called a couple times and they told me to be patient, that these wait times are normal, but that there is a possibility that my application got lost somewhere. Assuming that my letter arrived on the 20th, it's been 21 working days (June 23rd and 30th were holidays).

The wait continues...

CAQHelp

Jul 21, 2017
I sent my documents on June 16th and haven't got any news. I sent them from Montreal via regular mail (usually takes 2 days from within the city, but no tracking). It's been 5 weeks and no update. I called a couple times and they told me to be patient, that these wait times are normal, but that there is a possibility that my application got lost somewhere. Assuming that my letter arrived on the 20th, it's been 21 working days (June 23rd and 30th were holidays).

The wait continues...
Oof sorry to hear. Hope you get your receipt soon!

Out of curiosity, did they tell you an estimated time frame that most applicants received their approvals? When I called in early-mid June, they said about 6 weeks.

dixit18

Jul 11, 2017
Hello everyone, I finally got some updates today. I sent out my documents on 7 June with regular mail, which supposes to be delivered in 3 days (around 10 June). However, on the web, they said they received my documents on 21 June. I don't know what happened but basically it took them 14 days to receive my documents and another 30 days to update. I have been waited for "Receipt of your documents" for around 40 days...

Hope this information is helpful for you guys.

juancamilog

Jul 21, 2017
That's good news for you; if everything is going well, you should receive your CAQ sometime next week!

Where did you send your documents from? I sent them from a CanadaPost office about 5 blocks away from the MELS office :/

dixit18

Jul 11, 2017
That's good news for you; if everything is going well, you should receive your CAQ sometime next week!

Where did you send your documents from? I sent them from a CanadaPost office about 5 blocks away from the MELS office :/
Thank you! It is really a relief to me. my documents were sent from Quebec City by regular mail which cannot be tracked. That's why I was so worried since I had no way to confirm if they have received my mail or not.

I believe you feel the same. But don't worry, I think your waiting time is still in a normal frame. What I did is that after waiting for 4 weeks, I called them several times to check if they have received my mail or not. Without any news, I sent them an another one by registered mail, just in case that my initial mail was lost. I am glad that they actually received the initial one.

We should have more faith in CanadaPost :) But if you are really really really worried and you have been waited too long, call them Monday. You can also re-sent your doucment if you want to, just remember to track it.

Good luck!

Jul 22, 2017
My documents had reached them on the 29th of May & I received the CAQ approval email on the 5th of July. As someone mentioned above, it's taking them 25-26 working days. The lady at the CAQ office was kind enough to even tell me all their vacation days

CAQHelp

Jul 21, 2017
My documents had reached them on the 29th of May & I received the CAQ approval email on the 5th of July. As someone mentioned above, it's taking them 25-26 working days. The lady at the CAQ office was kind enough to even tell me all their vacation days
Huh...that's actually one of the quickest time frames I've heard of yet. Hopefully the same will happen to us here too~!

juancamilog

Jul 21, 2017
So, my documents were not lost! Today I received a confirmation that they received my documents on June 22nd. From that date, it's been 22 working days.

Once again, the wait continues...

dixit18

Jul 11, 2017
So, my documents were not lost! Today I received a confirmation that they received my documents on June 22nd. From that date, it's been 22 working days.

Once again, the wait continues...
Good news to you!

I have received my CAQ today! Very likely that you will receive yours very soon!

All the best!

Pranav2

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
WhatiTE="dixit18, post: 6216244, member: 683820"]Good news to you!

I have received my CAQ today! Very likely that you will receive yours very soon!

All the best![/QUOTE]
What is CAQ