+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAQ Application Information Update

johnmcgill

Aug 23, 2017
I applied for a CAQ with my father's name as the principal payer of my tuition.
I was denied because his bank account did not have sufficient funds in it.
I sent a second letter, showing that my mother had sufficient funds to pay for my tuition. (Only her name was on the bank letter)
HOWEVER, my mother's name is not on the application, and she has a different last name than I do.
The letter of explanation said that if the information was not sufficient the second time, I would be denied and have to fully re-apply.

Is it possible to update the application (to change the principal payer to my mother) or send more information that will get processed soon enough, showing that my father has sufficient funds in another account?

School starts in a few days, and I still do not have a CAQ. Any suggestions on what I can do?

AcadieJB

Aug 4, 2017
Did you calculate how many funds you require for your first year? This includes, in CAD: tuition, living expenses (calculated on the Ministère site), medical insurance, a $500 settling-in expense, and additionally, a return ticket home. You must be able to cover those for your first year.

johnmcgill

Aug 23, 2017
I was able to call them Immigration Quebec office and have them add a note to my file. I hope that is sufficient. In my first package, I showed that I had $15000, but I need closer to $40000. In the second application I showed that I had more than $40000 available.

AcadieJB

Aug 4, 2017
I was awarded my CAQ, and I don't come from a rich family from personal experience, so my financial resources were a variety of things. It amounted to about $43k. The initial amount you sent, 15k, may have been enough to cover tuition, but not the living expenses. Therefore, with $40k, you should be more than fine. :)

Also, missing document cases (like mine were) take less time to process. It took two weeks at most for me.

If you're a US citizen/permanent resident like myself, you can get your study permit at the airport point of entry, or if you're driving in, at that point of entry as well. No need to wait for an online application.

Don't fret. You'll be just fine with $40k. See you in Montréal!