+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

cant find some paystubs and T4´s to bring to citizenship interview

nymorales03

Jun 17, 2011
Hi,
I am gathering all documents I can to bring to the test and interview but I just remembered I must have thrown away a lot of old paystubs and I can´t find some of my T4's from 2012 although I have the letter of NOA and I can also print this information from my CRA online account,,,,would this be a problem if I don´t have these?? what can I do??? thanks, J.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
No problem. CIC likes NoA the best anyway.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Ditto other responses, but for emphasis: test-interview is largely a documents-check interview, but the documents being checked are the originals of those submitted in support of the application, and is for verification purposes, verification the documents submitted are genuine and the information in them is consistent, including stamps in the passport being consistent with reported travel.

Probably not a bad idea to have, in one's possession, some additional documents, like the Notices of Assessment, but odds are the interviewer will not be interested in extra documents. (I actually included my NoAs with my application; no idea if that had any effect at all, but I did take the oath barely eight months after applying, which is to say I am confident it did not have a negative impact, but cannot say it helped.)

I would also note that if CIC has questions about the applicant's employment, the interviewer may ask questions about this (and will ordinarily at the least ask questions like "what do you do?" or "where do you work?" and "are you working now?" although some applicants are asked more detailed questions than that). If a verbal response is not sufficient to answer the question to CIC's satisfaction, having documentation to show employment is not likely to avoid a follow-up written request to submit additional information and documentation. In particular, there are probably no additional documents an applicant can bring to the interview which will avoid RQ . . . either RQ is not in cards, or it will be issued. Not much the applicant can do to change things (well, except to change things negatively, such as by failing to present a passport or id card, or presenting one that reveals a discrepancy, or by saying something which raises questions).

Best to focus on following the instructions in the notice received, and be prepared for the test. That's enough for most applicants. More is not likely to fix things, at that stage, if CIC has identified an issue. (If there is a problem, CIC will make a documents request and that will be the applicant's opportunity to fix/address that problem).

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC is more interested to see the proof that you lived in Canada for 3 years out of 4. It is not necessary that every one has to be employed. There are many applicant who is home maker, self-earning people, living on savings etc and files income tax every year. CIC mostly will see the NOA in regards to the work/employment.

I have seen CIC officers mostly verify the All passports, PR Card, ID, COPR while I was in interview room with my family. They all seat in open room and almost all of officer I found holding passports and going through page by page looking at exit/entry stamps again and again with high attention just to satisfy themselves that applicant lived 3 years out of 4 and declared travel are genuine. I was with them with few extra documents such as house title, NOAs, Health record. Officer was not interested to see any of other documents outside the Passport and IDs...

In may assessment and what I found, officers gives emphasize and spend time mostly on declared travel verification, general conversation (about your family members, how you like Canada etc.). If they satisfied with travel history and they are assured that applicant lived 3 years and don't they even ask about employment issues..

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
dpenabill said:
Ditto other responses, but for emphasis: test-interview is largely a documents-check interview, but the documents being checked are the originals of those submitted in support of the application, and is for verification purposes, verification the documents submitted are genuine and the information in them is consistent, including stamps in the passport being consistent with reported travel.

Probably not a bad idea to have, in one's possession, some additional documents, like the Notices of Assessment, but odds are the interviewer will not be interested in extra documents. (I actually included my NoAs with my application; no idea if that had any effect at all, but I did take the oath barely eight months after applying, which is to say I am confident it did not have a negative impact, but cannot say it helped.)

I would also note that if CIC has questions about the applicant's employment, the interviewer may ask questions about this (and will ordinarily at the least ask questions like "what do you do?" or "where do you work?" and "are you working now?" although some applicants are asked more detailed questions than that). If a verbal response is not sufficient to answer the question to CIC's satisfaction, having documentation to show employment is not likely to avoid a follow-up written request to submit additional information and documentation. In particular, there are probably no additional documents an applicant can bring to the interview which will avoid RQ . . . either RQ is not in cards, or it will be issued. Not much the applicant can do to change things (well, except to change things negatively, such as by failing to present a passport or id card, or presenting one that reveals a discrepancy, or by saying something which raises questions).

Best to focus on following the instructions in the notice received, and be prepared for the test. That's enough for most applicants. More is not likely to fix things, at that stage, if CIC has identified an issue. (If there is a problem, CIC will make a documents request and that will be the applicant's opportunity to fix/address that problem).
You're right but I will say that having backup documentation can help at the interview if you have a lot of absences. I had many trips outside Canada so I was a little nervous. When the interviewer was asking me about my many trips, I told her I had a letter from my employer that I was a full-time employee for many years, I had 14 years of NoA (overkill I know), 7 years of T4s, official invitation letters to speak at conferences abroad, among other docs. She was most interested in my employment letter and last 4 years of NoA. She took those and went to make copies of them. I think I would have been fine regardless as she seemed to accept my verbal explanations for the trips but I'm pretty sure that all the supporting documentation made her feel better about it and "sealed the deal" as they say.

amissa

Star Member
Aug 28, 2010
keesio said:
You're right but I will say that having backup documentation can help at the interview if you have a lot of absences. I had many trips outside Canada so I was a little nervous. When the interviewer was asking me about my many trips, I told her I had a letter from my employer that I was a full-time employee for many years, I had 14 years of NoA (overkill I know), 7 years of T4s, official invitation letters to speak at conferences abroad, among other docs. She was most interested in my employment letter and last 4 years of NoA. She took those and went to make copies of them. I think I would have been fine regardless as she seemed to accept my verbal explanations for the trips but I'm pretty sure that all the supporting documentation made her feel better about it and "sealed the deal" as they say.
Hi Keesio..........................Could you please update the timeline of your profile . Sorry I could not match the above with the info in your profile.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
I applied for Citizenship on April 26, 2013. I became a citizen on December 6th, 2013 (took a little over 7 months).

The info in my profile is for my wife sponsorship.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011

The 'travel History' mentioned in some of the above comments, there is no particular form for that, right ?
Cause i didn't see any form when i applied for citizenship, except the one single form which includes 'addresses in the past 4 years' and ' work and education history'

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
gst8486 said:

The 'travel History' mentioned in some of the above comments, there is no particular form for that, right ?
Cause i didn't see any form when i applied for citizenship, except the one single form which includes 'addresses in the past 4 years' and ' work and education history'
The residence calculator form where you need to list all your travels outside Canada. This would be your travel history.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
keesio said:
The residence calculator form where you need to list all your travels outside Canada. This would be your travel history.

Ohhhh i got it, how can i forget that .....lol :D.............Thanks Buddy