+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cancelled due to incomplete upfront medical exam

gabrieljoyce

Sep 11, 2020
Hello all,

I received an ITA last May and then applied for PR within the 60-day time period. However, due to the recent pandemic, I wasn't able to receive my police certificates on time and I wasn't able to get an upfront medical report during this period.

I attached detailed explanations that I requested my police certificates from the responsible offices and some other documents showing that the letters were dispatched, but did not arrive to my address.

I also stated in my application that I can get my medical report once it is requested by the IRCC officer. But even if I could have applied for getting a medical report, clinic closures would have prevented me from getting the report on time. I attached several documents to my application, stating that I could not complete it due to the closures related with the pandemic, but can complete it within the next 90 days.

It is clearly stated on the IRCC web site that the applications can be granted extra 90 days, due to the pandemic. However, yesterday, I received a letter stating that my application was rejected due to incomplete medical report.

I was totally expecting a 90-day grace period for my application, as I stated that I was not able to receive two of the documents, due to pandemic-related reasons.

Is there a way to reopen my application? If I create an express entry profile again, I'd have a low chance to receive an ITA soon.

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Hello all,

I received an ITA last May and then applied for PR within the 60-day time period. However, due to the recent pandemic, I wasn't able to receive my police certificates on time and I wasn't able to get an upfront medical report during this period.

I attached detailed explanations that I requested my police certificates from the responsible offices and some other documents showing that the letters were dispatched, but did not arrive to my address.

I also stated in my application that I can get my medical report once it is requested by the IRCC officer. But even if I could have applied for getting a medical report, clinic closures would have prevented me from getting the report on time. I attached several documents to my application, stating that I could not complete it due to the closures related with the pandemic, but can complete it within the next 90 days.

It is clearly stated on the IRCC web site that the applications can be granted extra 90 days, due to the pandemic. However, yesterday, I received a letter stating that my application was rejected due to incomplete medical report.

I was totally expecting a 90-day grace period for my application, as I stated that I was not able to receive two of the documents, due to pandemic-related reasons.

Is there a way to reopen my application? If I create an express entry profile again, I'd have a low chance to receive an ITA soon.
You should definitely write back to the VO explaining to them about your situation. The 90-day extension was applicable to all applicatons.

gabrieljoyce

Sep 11, 2020
I wrote down a request of 90 more days through the Web form, do you think that would work, or is there another way to contact the IRCC?

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
I wrote down a request of 90 more days through the Web form, do you think that would work, or is there another way to contact the IRCC?
Yes - you can also call IRCC but you will need a Canadian number for that. The application will be mostly at the Sydney, Nova Scotia office right now.

gabrieljoyce

Sep 11, 2020
IRCC has contacted me stating that my comment was sent to the relevant office and they would either contact me or state the situation with my application.

In such a case, when do you think I would receive updates to see if my application was reconsidered?

Hailemike

Sep 22, 2020
Hello Dears, I received application cancellation letter from IRCC " Cancelled as Incomplete Document". They say you didn't submit Credential Assessment but I am 100% sure I have uploaded and submitted the document back in 06-Aug. What shall I do guys ?

I have raised a CES web report five days before for this.

gabrieljoyce

Sep 11, 2020
Yes - you can also call IRCC but you will need a Canadian number for that. The application will be mostly at the Sydney, Nova Scotia office right now.
Unfortunately, they decided to finalize my application as "cancelled" and did not agree on re-opening the application. They say this is because I stated that I was not able to receive my police certificates on time due to the pandemic, but I didn't give information on why I couldn't receive my medical record on time, so they decided that my medical record was incomplete because of personal reasons, rather than the pandemic.

Make sure you upload all information on your application if you were not able to receive your documents on time.

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
I thought the 60-day limit was extended too. There is no need to rush your application if you don't have the documents.
Without medical or PCC, your application is not going anywhere anyway.

gabrieljoyce

Sep 11, 2020
I thought the 60-day limit was extended too. There is no need to rush your application if you don't have the documents.
Without medical or PCC, your application is not going anywhere anyway.
Well, I had to rush my application, as when I got the invitation in May, the regulation on COVID-19-affected applicants was not very clear and I had only 60 days to provide all documents, which was impossible. I thought not rushing for the medical report would be OK at the time, as every clinic and office in Canada was closed.

gabrieljoyce

Sep 11, 2020
Well, I had to rush my application, as when I got the invitation in May, the regulation on COVID-19-affected applicants was not very clear and I had only 60 days to provide all documents, which was impossible. I thought not rushing for the medical report would be OK at the time, as every clinic and office in Canada was closed.
In my application, I just stated that "I will wait for more guidance from IRCC on how to get the medical report", but now they say that the provided information does not claim that my application was affected by the pandemic, so they cancel it as it is incomplete.

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
I'm pretty sure they extended the limit already back in May.

It depends on the officer who made the decision. Facing tons of work in front you, you would be tempted to quickly reject incomplete applications and move on too. You are responsible for your documents and applications.

I'm sure medicals have been open for a while and you had chances to submit it before they rejected you. You need to be extra careful when your score doesn't guarantee your another try.

gabrieljoyce

Sep 11, 2020
I'm pretty sure they extended the limit already back in May.

It depends on the officer who made the decision. Facing tons of work in front you, you would be tempted to quickly reject incomplete applications and move on too. You are responsible for your documents and applications.

I'm sure medicals have been open for a while and you had chances to submit it before they rejected you. You need to be extra careful when your score doesn't guarantee your another try.
The confusing thing is this statement on the IRCC web site:

"We’ll send you instructions on how to get your medical exam done. You must go for your medical exam within 30 days of receiving these instructions."

It is also stated that there is an option of completing a medical exam before the submission, but it is also possible to do it during the application period. So, what I told them that I was going to wait for their instructions, because that is what they state on the web site. I also didn't want to get the medicals early, because they are valid for 1 year, and there is no guarantee that I can get my PR within one year and move to Canada within this time.

Yes, it would be possible to get the medicals now. However, I didn't know that updating an application "after" submitting it wold have been possible. This information is present on this forum, but on IRCC web site, they don't say you can update your documents while the application is getting processed.

As a result, my application was affected by the pandemic, however IRCC refuses to see this.

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
Again, your situation depends on the officer who handle your case. The point is that you should always try to have control yourself instead of hoping for some good luck. The IRCC doesn't care if they reject one person. Everyone is affected by the pandemic. If you don't take it seriously, nobody would.