+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cancellation of AOR/ Missing document

cec immigration

Star Member
May 13, 2015
I need a little help. I came to India in April 2016 after my work permit expired. I received an invitation to apply in December 2016 and received my AOR on January 9, 2017. I was selected under CEC category and I am presently residing in India.

My medical status changed to passed on February 16, 2017 and background check is in progress.

Can my application still be cancelled for some missing information or documents. It says no additional documents are required at this time. Does that mean my application has been checked for completeness.

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cec immigration said:
I need a little help. I came to India in April 2016 after my work permit expired. I received an invitation to apply in December 2016 and received my AOR on January 9, 2017. I was selected under CEC category and I am presently residing in India.

My medical status changed to passed on February 16, 2017 and background check is in progress.

Can my application still be cancelled for some missing information or documents. It says no additional documents are required at this time. Does that mean my application has been checked for completeness.
Until it is approved, you can be rejected for any reason including missing documents.

jwahba

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All applications go first to the centralized intake office in Nova Scotia. After a completion check ( formally named R10 ) you won't get rejected because of missing documents. If any additional documents are needed, the responsible visa office will contact you to submit additional documents. After completeness check; eligibility, criminality and security checks take place.

cec immigration

Star Member
May 13, 2015
jwahba said:
All applications go first to the centralized intake office in Nova Scotia. After a completion check ( formally named R10 ) you won't get rejected because of missing documents. If any additional documents are needed, the responsible visa office will contact you to submit additional documents. After completeness check; eligibility, criminality and security checks take place.
Does that mean my R10 has been completed and I won't be rejected for missing documents. Currently my background check is in progress and as per them no additional documents are required at this time.

jwahba

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The R10 check happens in the first month after AOR. If one month has passed then likely you're fine

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
jwahba said:
The R10 check happens in the first month after AOR. If one month has passed then likely you're fine
Not always true, people have been rejected after two or three months due to missing documents

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
jwahba said:
After having my first application rejected because of a missing document, I'm paranoid and called CIC last week because I haven't heard an update on my application since submitting it in December. The agent I spoke to stated if your application wasn't rejected for missing documents in the first 3-4 weeks, it is safe to relax that it won't be rejected as incomplete.

So I'm not saying an app will never be rejected for a missing document after the first month of submitting it, but I think it's safe to think that for the majority of apps this rings true.